Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Strong Points and Weak Points On The Tesoro Bandito 2 ?

Hybridcruiser

I Couldn't find much to read on the Bandito 2 detector but I would like to know some of the strong points as well as the weak ones. I would also like to know which coil would serve me better around the polls in tot lots ..which would be better a 4" or 5-3/4 concentric.

You have the old brown big plastic box or the umax?
Best to ask on the Beep and Dig forum, its where the Tesoro guys live.

Also check here https://www.google.com/search?q=bandido+II+tesoro+findmall+

Strong point: Good at averaging targets. Like if rusty nails are by, or even over, a conductive target (coin, etc...) you are less prone to masking.

Weak point: Not very good in mineral or tracking (thus, for example, a very poor wet salt beach machine. Another weak point: Probably only half the depth of today's power house machines.

Would be a good machine for under bleachers, ghost-townsy sites or old-town demolition sites, where nails abound.

Also good for working in and around dense brush and building rubble. The original Bandido, Bandido II and Bandido II [size=small]micro[/size]MAX, using 7" or 6" Concentric coils, have been my most productive Tesoro models for ghost town hunting, and a bulk of the renovation site work in urban environments. Today I use a 6" Concentric on my Vaquero, Bandido II and other Tesoro's except the stock 7" Con. on the Mojave.

The weakness of the Bandido and Bandido II are, as Tom in CA mentioned, that they are not depth monsters, Great for tot-lots and working near metal structures, but don't keep up with the likes of the more modern offerings from White's, Teknetics, Fisher, Nokta, Makro and others should you need improved depth.

Monte

Hi Tom , thanks for your reply.. The only reason I bought the bandito 2 was to get away from digging deep targets ,(God forgive my aching back, legs and hips)and my neck. I have a at pro I haven't used for what 2 years now.. when I did use that one in the lakes back then I did find some pretty nice gold rings. but I think those days might be over now. we will see, the Doc just put me on 25 mg of fentanyl patches along with my 5mg of oxycodone which seems like it isn't doing much good.. If I could of do the digging I would of never bought the Bandito . I could never get close enough to the tot lot poles with the at pro and that was with the 5x8 coil. the same for the compadre and Majave. So I Thought I would try the bandito with the Majave 7" coil ,really wanted to try the 5-3/4 but don't have the extra funds for it right now. I also wanted to try the Wilson newman Daytona 2 but the headphone jack wasn't working right so I replace it and now the detector don't work at all . I can hear it turn on but that is all it does. oh well so much for that detector now. anyway thanks for listening to all my complaints
Glenn