Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Struck Gold!

wasp

Got out to a park with a sports field for a couple of hours this afternoon. Dug up a few (16) clad coins and a nice mood ring a few inches deep. Then got a solid VDI of 48 with 7.5kHz dominant. Thought it was probably a ring pull tab but out popped a man's (or very large woman's) 10k yellow gold band. Looks to be about 1/4" wide and weighs 5.6 grams. No stones...but it is the nicest ring pull tab I've found. I was using a 6x10 Eclipse on my V3i and a custom C&J program.

Dig those solid ring pull and tab signals even when 7.5kHz is dominant....it could be gold!

It was really nice to get out in just a sweatshirt instead of a coat for a change. Spring is almost here!

Super :clapping:

Great job. The temps are hitting the 50's with some rain mixed here it's melting the snow, but not fast enough for me..

Howdy Wasp--

Good find! That had to have made your day. In my experience the larger gold will hit with 7.5 kHz dominant. A good buddy of mine, yesterday, showed me a large (13 grams) 14K white gold wedding band that he found while ground balancing! It hit 34-35 with 7.5 kHz dominant. You gave good advice about digging solid pull-tab readings. Congratulations on your good find! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Here are some pictures of the coins & rings from the 9th. After cleaning the mood ring it isn't as nice as I thought.

Hope this works.