Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stuff is where ya find it!!!!

oldranger

Working at CVS par time gives me some xtra cash and i
get to gab with folks but YESTERDAY...

as I opened the register for my 1st cust i noticed something odd
in the dimes drawer turned out 3 be THREE Mercury dimes

1926 1943 1945 Pics coming

I told my boss i was buying 30 cents from the drawer she
had no clue why ..shes only 26 !!!!!!

Anyway stuff IS where ya find it!!!

THINK SPRING

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way:usaflag::usaa:

I had a nice find about 5 years ago when I checked the coint return tray in one of those machines that will count your
money for you and they take a percentage for thier service.

Found Several Silver dimes

Long Time Garrett user

A few years back my wife picked up several silver dollars while balancing the daily cash register receipts at a retail store. Yes it was with her manager's OK, again the youngsters just don't know...except for my grandson. We can't put anything over on him. I guess I trained him too well. At 11 he is into water detecting with me. New waders for Christmas, now just waiting for the warmer weather. He does not have the fortitude to go into the ocean when it is below zero. I wish I had his sense sometimes when I come home with only a handful of sinkers. It is on 19F this morning...come on summer! Maybe I will hit the Coin Star this afternoon!

Yes, as someone once said, your best discriminator is your eyes.
A lot of younger people would have no idea what they were
looking at. Good save by you ! Congratulations !

While working at a liquor store shortly after I got out of the navy I broke open a roll of pennies to make change for a customer. Was shocked to find the entire roll were 1943 steel wheat pennies. Needless to say they went home with me.

n/t

A couple of weeks ago After going to the gas station, grocery store, etc.......I was checking my change and was surprised to find 4 wheat pennies. The oldest was a very well worn 1912, the others were from the 50's. I started collecting coins around 45 years ago and have gotten into the habit of always checking my change. Always makes me wonder how some of the old stuff got back in circulation. Good "catch" on the Mercs ranger, I'll bet you will be checking that drawer with a close eye from now on. I know I would.

Jeff

WTG I LAID MY CHANGE ON THE COUNTER THE OTHER DAY AND A FEW MINUTES LATER MY WIFE SAID,YOU GOTTA BUFFOLO NICKLE HUH?I REPLIED THERE MAKING THEM AGAIN,IT'SA NEW ONE.AND GUESS WHAT GUYS.IT WAS A 1934 SO KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN.YOU NEVER KNOW.I WILL TRY TO POST A PIC LATER.HH

Well, this one is a recent find and I posted it in a couple forums two weeks ago. I found this beauty in a coin star machine when I opted to turn in some change two Saturdays ago! From the information that many have posted on here, the older coin stars reject silver change. I emptied my coins into the coin star when I was finished my plan was to run the rejected coins a second time. Sometimes a coin machine will accept a coin on a second run. After I scooped the rejected coins out of the return and immediately threw them back up top I noticed a nice shiny silver appearing quarter. The first thing I did is check the edge for copper. I already seen the eagle when it was up top in the tray. I might not of had a chance at this coin if I didn't have so many rejected zincolns from detecting. So initially I was pondering the ideal that I missed a silver in my own pocket change. After further discussions of the Coin stars I realized that this was a coin rejected from a previous customer who never checked the rejected coin slot. This will always be a stop for me with the hope of further forgotten silver! George

While waiting for my wife at a yard sale, I spotted some coins where cars parked along the road. Amounted to 54 cents. Used 50 of it on a leather coin pouch.