Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stupid me...

Aaron

I didn't put the charging clip on the coil right so the DEUS died on me 2hrs into the hunt at my old old homesite. I did end up finding 3 wheats in one hole (19, 19 & 20). I also found a weird type washer, spacer thing about the diameter of a Pennie but thicker. It was 10.5 deep and sounded great, this machine gets some serious depth w this coil!
Fortunately I had brought my trusty 75SE w me as backup and ended up having a great day (it's on the F Series forum).
I'm going back again today to give the DEUS another chance.

I had the charger, but I didn't bring the coil clip.

I think charging the coil is not that beneficial. Would be more of a benifit just the old fashion way. Wrap the cable and plug it in

Aaron said:
I didn't put the charging clip on the coil right so the DEUS died on me 2hrs into the hunt at my old old homesite. I did end up finding 3 wheats in one hole (19, 19 & 20). I also found a weird type washer, spacer thing about the diameter of a Pennie but thicker. It was 10.5 deep and sounded great, this machine gets some serious depth w this coil!
Fortunately I had brought my trusty 75SE w me as backup and ended up having a great day (it's on the F Series forum).
I'm going back again today to give the DEUS another chance.

Even when you put the clip on the right way, you need to make sure that it is securely in place and the white light comes on and stays on to indicate that the coil is charging. I had the clip either slip off or not securely fastened and it made me think I had an issue with my coil not holding a charge After charging it again, everything was fine.

The clips are very cheap, so I carry a spare clip with the emergency charger in my detector bag.

I have loaned it out to another person on one trip so its belt and braces for myself and others. ;) Jerry.

JBM said:
The clips are very cheap, so I carry a spare clip with the emergency charger in my detector bag.

I have loaned it out to another person on one trip so its belt and braces for myself and others. ;) Jerry.

Jerry, I need to get a charging clip to carry around with me. But they are 19 Euro with shipping, not cheap for a little plastic piece. I ordered the emergency charger (for a cell phone) online (Paid 8 bucks for a nice one with a lite compared to 20 plus shipping). The emergency charger has the same voltage and was 500mA, so that should work fine.

Suggestions as where to buy?

Thanks,
Albert