Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stupid move with AT Gold

Johnho

The other day I was messing around on the patio with the Gold. I had it on and disconnected the coil connection, thinking it was the headphone adapter. This thing went nuts, as expected. Well, when I reconnect it it won't stop yelling at me. Did the usual reset, take out batteries, reset, reconnect coil connector, reset. Frustrated. Finally emailed Garrett and they finally suggested I return it. Ok, no big deal. It's only money. I am getting ready to pack it up and mail it in and think-hmmmmm, did you check the batteries? OK STOP LAUGHING! Changed out batteries and wow, it worked just like before. I never ran those batteries down that far, it had been sitting for awhile, so never new it would act like that. At least that may help someone else out if it happens to them.

At my age I'm forgetting everything. But the cat will not let forget to feed her. Wonder where I put that new ATX? And that thing takes TWO sets of batteries. God I'll never remember that.