Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

success on the faraday shielding

If anyone remembers my post from a few days ago, I said that I would do an experiment on seeing if I could put the coil from a deus into a pouch which jams and scrambles RFID\NFC signals. These bags are designed to block unauthorized scans and protect personal information such as credit card, cellphone data and anything that can receive an electronic signal. I put the coil into this bag to see if I could block the controller from talking to the coil, and it worked. I turned on the controller and not a peep. As soon as I took the coil out, it started squawking on anything metallic around it. This might have an application for someone taking 2 or more coils into the field and put the unused coil into the pouch to prevent accidentally activating the wrong coil. So that's my science project with the xp deus. I ordered the signal-blocking pouch from Amazon and the company that makes this faraday shielding bag is called Hodufy. It does work, and I hope someone finds this useful, but if not then it's just an interesting footnote to the xp deus story.