Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Suggestions and input

Hi Y'all, I need info/suggestions for a diggin buddie(old Fisher hand) wanting to start his noobie friend out on the closest machine possible to a1266.(lol, is that possible?) Being new, we don't want to break his pocketbook or get him confused/discouraged with to many dodads. His dirt will be pretty much mild/neutral but the Pre CW Relics/coins/ buttons will likely be pretty deep in spots due to Forrestery activity.Be cool too, to be a multi coil machine.Thanks and HH, Charlie

n/t

Thats a tough one Charlie. To recommend a detector to a newbie, uncertain of their desire or level of treasure fever...and even though it could be easily said I'm biased, I would recommend the F70. Its easy to learn, got a resale value, multicoil capabilities, etc...sure a fellow would drop some dough for it with the 11"dd and maybe the 5, but it does give an user a level of confidence right off the bat. Dang, I ran mine in AT for nearly a year until I decided to read the manual and settled on the DP tone mode. Whatever happens, I hope this newbie spends some time here...sure cuts down on the learning curve and keeps a fellow motivated.
Mud

May as well get something decent and learn it..as to buy less, and then in a few weeks want something better....

If you put a post in the classified, you may find a 1266x or 1265x.

Ron in WV

Now I have somewhere to start toward getting our noobie started in the right direction. I have an idea my old Fisher Buddy is going to be wanting to put him on a 66 and that wil be just fine too, if we can find him one.I wanted to have some alternatives to consider in case my Fisher Buddy agrees to start him on something other than a 66. Pretty sure I know where this is all headed, and if the Noobie gets started on a 66 with old Fisher Buddy teaching him , well the rest of us in our bunch are in trouble.One feller with a 66 is bad news for us , but two. I don't want to even go there! Thanks again y'all. It may be a little while but I will try and let ya know how it all goes. HH, Charlie