Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Suggestions for water shoes boots in tropical fla. water

EROK

Anybody have any thoughts on what kind of water shoe boot to get for the water in florida. Gonna be on the East coast in the warm waters.

Thanx

I got some from bass pro shop for ten dollars, and i love them. They are kayak shoes! work great here in VA. just got to watch for jelly fish. water is really warm.

EROK said:
Anybody have any thoughts on what kind of water shoe boot to get for the water in florida. Gonna be on the East coast in the warm waters.

Thanx

I also have a large sand scoop I use to recover the targets. I would need something that is pretty durable in the soles for kicking the scoop.

I use the 733 scoop and they work fine, but i push my scoop into the sand with one foot, i never kick it. i just don't like walking around all day with sand in my shoes, they dry fast, and the sand seems to wash out of them when I'm in the water. Just my suggestion!:shrug:

I am looking for some good water shoes,too.I do a bit of hunting in knee deep to water deep water at Cocoa Beach and there sometimes some sharp objects that you don't see.I'm going to check a local dive shop here in Palm Bay,Florida.

I was using the Seasoft Sunrays... But, they let in a little to much sand for me.. Just a PIA with sand in the zippers too..

Now, using... NRS Kicker Wetshoe..

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2327

with a pair of SandSkins sock..

no sand no issues with sand in Zippers..

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAND-SKINS-BEACH-VOLLEYBALL-SOCKS-SANDSKINS-ULTIMATE-BK-/290454812868?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a074b8c4

Hi I have been hunting the water since 1978 in my area of Annapolis and I'm in Florida lots. Well this year I was finally unlucky to step on a sing ray. Let me tell you it is no fun, for it felt like I was nailed to the bottom with a hot poker. I did the hot pack on it with heat, hot water and for about 1 1/2 hours it was really painful.That was about 11am in the morning, I was back hunting in about a 1/2 hours but really painful to dig with my right foot being the one that got stung on the instep. About 9 Pm that night it was a lot better and the sting was now just a nice 1/4 " hole in my foot. It was about a month before it all heal up. Yes you can do the shuffle with your feet as you hunt plus having the coil moving between your feet but I still got hit. So I have done my research and now own a pair of Sting Ray boots and guards for protection above your ankle to about the knee. Yes it took 32 years and thousands of hours in the water, but it will never happen again..Oh by the way snake boots will not work for the barb goes right through them. Just food for thought and just how lucky you feel.

I use this pair here year around in Texas.
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2313&pdeptid=1169
I also use their wet socks for warmth and protection from blistering.
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2342&pdeptid=1168

NRS is #1 in customer service and their warranty is 2nd to NONE. I have had some questionable issues before and they just replaced it, I LOVE THAT! I intend to replace my whole apparel line to theirs eventually.

hey ron its john,goto the dive shop there on a1a and get some dive boots,this is what i use when i was hunting on the beaches if you remember..hope your doing great im missing the beaches somthing awful..
to everyone else as you can see i just use a pair of dive boots i think they were about 50 bucks?? i dont remember..but i like them..tried sandels cheap beach shoes and even tennis shoes..my dive boots work great for me..