Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Summary of 2023 Finds

floodplaindetector

I decided to post a summary of my 2023 Finds.
My primary eTrac detector quit in May, so I took the plunge and switched to the XP Deus II and worked on a custom program and settings that translated well for me from my eTrac. I am glad I did.
Most of the finds shown were found with that new XP Deus 2 machine.
Just about all of my hunting for 2023 was done in North and South Dakota with a couple hunts coming in Minnesota and Iowa. Everything shown was at found at public sites I researched or have been to in the past.

I really want to thank everyone for following my detecting posts this past year and all of your positive comments!
Dave

Coin Finds Summary
151 Silver Coins (1893 oldest) (6 halves, 17 quarters, 99 dimes, 1 Canadian half dime, 28 silver war nickels)
18 V nickels and 30 Buffalos (1883 oldest)
21 Indian Head Pennies (1865 oldest)
* A few hundred wheat pennies, dozens of pre-1960 Jefferson nickels, a handful of foreign coins and hundreds of clad coins not shown

Other Finds Summary
Tokens - The large $1.00 and 50 cent Tokens with the 1914 Patent date found at a nearby school site are some of my favorites.
Fobs And Tags - The 1908 William Jennings Bryan campaign fob and circa 1915 Avery Kerosene Tractor fob are 2 of my favorites.
Jewelry - The solid silver winged nymph pendant (1st silver jewelry with Deus 2), Silver and Gold Onyx men's ring and the Black Hills silver leaf ring are some memorable jewelry pieces.
Relics - The large coin silver pocket watch piece with a patent date of 1879 has to be my favorite. This was pulled at a nearby old school site.
Toys - The larger International 1947 K5 truck and 1938 Buick Roadster were some of my favorites.
SilverCoins.jpg
BuffaloAndVNickels.jpg
IndianHeadPennies.jpg
FobsAndMedals.jpg
TokensAndTags.jpg
Jewelry.jpg
Relics.jpg
ToyCarsAndTruck.jpg
Buttons.jpg

My primary eTrac detector quit in May, so I took the plunge and switched to the XP Deus II and worked on a custom program and settings that translated well for me from my eTrac. I am glad I did.
Just about all of my hunting for 2023 was done in North and South Dakota with a couple hunts coming in Minnesota and Iowa. Everything shown was at found at public sites I researched or have been to in the past.

I really want to thank everyone for following my detecting posts this past year and all of your positive comments!
Dave

Coin Finds Summary
151 Silver Coins (1893 oldest) (6 halves, 17 quarters, 99 dimes, 1 Canadian half dime, 28 silver war nickels)
* A few hundred wheat pennies, dozens of pre-1960 Jefferson nickels, a handful of foreign coins and hundreds of clad coins not shown

Other Finds Summary
Tokens - The large $1.00 and 50 cent Tokens with the 1914 Patent date found at a nearby school site are some of my favorites.
Fobs And Tags - The 1908 William Jennings Bryan campaign fob and circa 1915 Avery Kerosene Tractor fob are 2 of my favorites.
Jewelry - The solid silver winged nymph pendant (1st silver jewelry with Deus 2), Silver and Gold Onyx men's ring and the Black Hills silver leaf ring are some memorable jewelry pieces.
Relics - The large coin silver pocket watch piece with a patent date of 1879 has to be my favorite. This was pulled at a nearby old school site.
Toys - The larger International 1947 K5 truck and 1938 Buick Roadster were some of my favorites.
View attachment 51321View attachment 51322View attachment 51323View attachment 51324View attachment 51325View attachment 51326View attachment 51327View attachment 51328View attachment 51329
Outstanding year, congrats!

I am speechless 😶 😮

Dave

Coin Finds Summary

Other Finds Summary
View attachment 51321View attachment 51322View attachment 51323View attachment 51324View attachment 51325View attachment 51326View attachment 51327View attachment 51328View attachment 51329
OUTSTANDING ! What a great year you had. Unbelievable. And all that from public sites. Gives us all hope. Congrats and thanks for sharing. One find that jumped out at me was the face of the Winchester lock. Very cool. Too bad you didn't recover the rest. Good luck in the new year. Mark

Dave

Coin Finds Summary

Other Finds Summary
You did well this year again Dave, nice seeing these kind of finds around here with most coming from well worked area I am sure.
I am hopping to be out there next year myself again if I am able too until then I love seeing these post to give me a little boast to get me going again.Just have a hard time getting up and down and falling over when I do stand up and do not want to use a long handle spade in park and such, but will on farm fields, I use a Lesche when I am in yards, parks and some of the older churches.
As I said it is a very nice treasure you found this year.

Rick

Great year Dave not sure what my total was I always keep track the D2 is a great detector I was just out with mine in the woods
Mark