Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Summer headphones

Daugela

Anyone live in AZ or down south where it's really hot or humid in the summer? What are you all using for headphones?

I've tried regular headphones in Phoenix but it's just too hot. I switched to small iPod ear bus which it so much better, but I feel like I'm losing out on quality phones.

Solutions to a lightweight, breathable headset for humid and hot days?

Hi Daugela,
I'm in Southern New Mexico and after trying a number of wired and wireless headphones and earbuds, have settled on the Polk Audio Ultra Fit 2000 Sports Headphones. They're behind the neck, so I can wear a brimmed hat, and as they're 'on the ear' vs earbuds, you can hear what's happening around you. I can hear the pinpointer without slipping them off. They're Polks, so audiophile quality, probably overkill for MDing, but I like to hear it all, and great for listening to the ipod if the situation arises.. They come with rubber, foam, and wooly (for cold weather) covers. They have a 4' kevlar cord - good and sturdy, but I use a coiled extension hooked to my tool belt so I can move around freely and don't worry about snagging. I got a pair of manufacturer refurbs on ebay for about $35, I'm still hoping for a lag free and sturdy pair of wireless phones at some point, but until I find some, I'm very happy with the Polks.

Thanks for the tip!

I just got rid of my White VX3 with wireless phones and they were great! But too hot. I will check out the Polks. Also looking for a single ear too.