Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

sun ray coil and wot coil

coastwise

i need a little info, I'm planning on putting a Sun ray 12 inch coil are a Wot 15 in coil on my excal, i hunt in the surf alot and i'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with either coil in rough surf and how does each one perform. Also i'm wondering what the depth difference is between the two coils and the depth difference between each coil versus the factory coil.

Thanks for all answer

Joe

I use the WOT on my SOV/GT & the Sunray S-12 on an Excalibur, I believe the WOT is a deeper seeker, but the S-12 is a little easier to move around in the water, a little smaller coil. I find that both coils can be difficult to pinpoint a target with if the water is murky, but I eventually find it, both can find deep Gold rings IMHO. Good luck with you decision, it's a tough one. H.H.:)

Hi Coastwise, I have both coils and they are both great with Wot having more depth but in the water or rough surf you can forget it. The 12 inch Sunray Intruder is the size limit I would use. On my Excaliber I have the old 8" Seasearch coil and it is heavy and stays on the bottom well.You really cannot swing to fast in the water anyway so it works for me. One thing I do have to replace is the headphones since the volume and tone suffer on the stock ones. Good luck! walter