Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sun Ray Probe for F-75

erikk

Ralph needs some motivation to get a probe developed for the F-75.
Lets let him know how many want one....:clap::clap::clap:

Me! ME! I've posted in the SunRay forum and e-mailed him and the "contact us" address from their site.

Pleeeeeease!

[quote erikk]Ralph needs some motivation to get a probe developed for the F-75.
Lets let him know how many want one....:clap::clap::clap:[/quote]

I'd buy a Sunray probe in a heartbeat, after Fisher comes out with a "shooter" coil.
Tagamet

I tried a Sunray probe but the Uniprobe has completly spoiled me. I found the Sunray to be very wide in its response and not as sensitive or as deep. But Sunray is VLF and Uniprobe is PI so that is to be expected I guess.

I do hope Ralph will make one for you, though.

HH

I have the reg one built into the headphones so I just have to switch the toggle switch on the headphones to turn it on. I find this probe works excellent, but being it is a all metal probe you will see anything that is metal which can be good too.
There is a couple of drawbacks I have seen with one with the toggle switch gets bumped on while not in use and you have a dead battery when needed, so I carry a extra 9 volt battery in my trash treasure bag.I haven't had this problem this year yet as I check the switch more often when loading my stuff in the car. The other problem is the 2 cords coming from the ear cup, the one for the probe and the one that plugs into the detector. You just got to keep the 2 cords apart and I used to have more of a problem at first, but now I don't that much being I try to keep them apart while detecting. The nicest thing for a little more than the pocket UniProbe you get a high quality set of headphones too.
There is no question the UniProbe and the SunRay probe are the best pinpointing probes there is.

I use a stereo 'Y' splitter with mine so that I can plug the detector and the probe into my headphones. My Timberwolf Predators will not run them both in the same switch positions so when I want to use the probe I have to switch it on and flick a switch on my headphones.

I have it so that I can pole mount it on the detector or hipmount it. Sometimes I just carry it in my hand and swap my headphone between the two if I want to be totally noise free to those around me.

There are somethings I dislike about it, such as the belt clip, the 1/8" phone jack and the off on switch, which like you stated can easily get moved.

HH

One for frequency and one for threshold. Pretty simple to set up. The frequency controls the pulse frequency and really only needs adjusting when it interacts with the detector. The threshold allows you to fine tune the depth capabilites when you need to.

I would like to see this arangement in a hand-held unit.

HH