Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sun Ray probe

A

Anonymous

Anyone tried a Sun Ray Invader DX-1 Target Probe , if so how do you like it? Greg in MI

We only got to use it a few times before winter set in, but love this probe as it make recovering so much faster so we can find more. It has a lot more depth than any hand held probe and works though the detector electronic so the signals come though your headphones.It is the best accessory you can get for your MXT.
Rick

Thanks Rick, it may be my next accessory. I want to get a DD coil, not sure which one, leaning towards the 5 x 10. Do you use one? Greg

I got the mini shooter first and was very impressed with a small coil getting this much depth and work so good in trash. I think I was impressing not only me, but my hunting partners with their detectors. I was picking some nice finds out of trash with that little coil. I then got the 5X10 DD coil and found this one works excellent too with plenny of depth and has a nice feel to it when detecting, so now these are the only 2 coils we use and never put the stock coil back on all last summer.
Both the 9 inch seated 1840 seated dime and the 1848 large cent my wife found last year were found with the 5X10 coil.
If you were to only get one coil, or which coil first it would depend on where you are detecting. If your area is trashy you want to detect then the little mini shooter would be the best as it can get into tight areas that hold some nice finds others cant get at with the bigger coils. If not real trashy and want the depth along with some good seperation than the 5X10 works very good for that.
Some say the 5.3 coil is good too for trash, but never tried one myself and will have to find a good used one and try sometime.
Rick