Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sun Up Silver!:clapping:

mudpuppy

So...I go into that park where the wing cook off beer fest was last night...first thing I noticed were all sorts of receptacles marked "CANS ONLY" Every one of them was FULL of empties! At a dime a piece, I figured there was at least $50 dollars in cans alone! I woulda had poor Rosie stuffed trunk to dash with bags of empties!

I left them though....figured perhaps some local organization cashed them in or something...didnt want to perhaps get arrested and make the paper in such an ignoble way for being a 'can grabber'..:rofl: BUT, in any other situation, those cans woulda been mine!

Anyway, quick pass, not a lot of fresh drops, nice nickel spill though, all right together.....hit another local park, nothing in the totlot...I went over and worked the perimeter of the BB court...got a screaming Q signal right next to the concrete...I thought, too high for a clad Q, must be a modern dollar coin, or a stack of 2 clad Qs, glanced at the screen, TID of 87..yep, too high for a single clad Q, which ping in at 84...either a ring or dollar coin?....poked around with the driver, amazed to see this 41 Washington right at the surface in the grass roots! Maybe an inch deep tops:shrug:...

I dont know if it was a fresh drop, or came up when they edged the court, or has been laying there for years and just not hit on account of it was so close to the concrete?....Got this mess in an hour...I shoulda grabbed those cans...:lmfao:.
Mud..

Gadzooks Mud the detecting gods leave you clothes, cans, food, beer, and now silver. You must have been born under a lucky star or you were the first born of a minor family of some importance? :shrug: Ok, that is some good detecting. I'll give you that. I don't want to hear about the case of beer with 12 unopened bottles that was just sitting there and that was the reason you never got any more coins. :rofl: Great hunt and nice silver find.........Z

..Even a blind nut finds a squirrel every now and then...:lmfao:

Have a look at this stuff the Wife got at a garage sale for a Q this morning!...10K...worth $62.70! ...dont that just frost yer biscuit?:sadwalk: She has a good eye for gold/silver I must say...and yes, I am lucky..:beers:.
Mud

Nice job of the nickel spill and snagging that 41 silver quarter. Might want to get a few gold recovering tips from your wife.:rofl: I couldn't resist. HH jim tn

I bet she said, "And it didn't even take a detector to find".... Z

Good job mud. To hot here in Virginia to dig on land.

n/t

Nice find on that silver quarter mud, I love to find something like that early in the hunt, keeps you moviated the rest of the day.

That's why regardless where I detect I dig all shallow Quarter hits as at the very least you have a Quarter. It would take to much time for dimes and some pennys might sneek through. I found a couple Barber Quarters one year less then 3'' so you never know. Way to go Pup!

Nice chunk o f silver ,

Got two mercury dimes in my change from the grocery store so one would guess still some silver in circulation.....

Good hunt Mud. Nice hit on that silver quarter. Wish I was getting out more, but around here, after about an hour, the skin starts to melt off your bones. I know its Summer, but fer cryin' out loud!