Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunday At The Park (My 1st large cent!)

GarrettGuru

I hunted a large open park down by the shore in SE Connecticut with my Garrett Ace 300 w/ DD search coil. My first target was a small hollow round copper cap or cover at about six inches down. Not long after I dug up a deep copper signal and was shocked to find it was half of a large cent! It looks like it was brutally chopped in two but it isn't too shabby. Maybe next time I'll find the other half! The rain was starting to pick up but I was having too much fun. I stayed for about another hour and found the marksman award and buckle. All in all not a bad day at the park!

I would call that an excellent day at the park! Congrats on your first large cent.

Looks like a great hunt, GG!

Congratulations on the large cent. I've never dug a large cent, not even half of one! LOL

Good find I enlarged the pic you sent me Greg clearly see the nose facing left..

Thanks Mark! Yeah its definitely facing to the left. I recall you telling me you found a large cent at this park once too

congratulations! They sure are exciting to find!