Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunday Field Hunt

surfman

Went out again today with some friends. Everybody made some great finds. Managed two Indians, a '64 and '80, two tokens, one real nice and the usual stuff. Found a small sterling piece with some initials. Also found a complete buckle with the leather still attached. That's a first for me and I've found a ton of buckles. I'd love to know what the little key hole looking things are. I found one or two last Sunday as well. Didn't take a picture of the pouch full of trash. It was full and heavy by the end of the day. Thanks for looking.

Great hunt ! I especially like the offhand comment about the heavy pouch of trash. Lately I've been tracking behind some ______ that keeps leaving the trash he digs. Major peeve of mine.

Thanks guys. I know what you mean about the trash left behind. I have to deal with that myself with a couple of guys. Don't like to wear a pouch. Those guys don't get invited right off the bat. I'll hunt the site a couple times before letting them in and sometimes, depending on the site, they may never hear about it. I save the stuff and recycle it at the end of the season. I dug two brass spigots yesterday. They do add some weight to the pouch but a 5gal bucket full of copper/brass is a nice way to pay for the stuff we like to use.

Congrats on your finds! I understand about the trash. That bag gets heavy sometimes but I like to see all trash removed myself when searching an area.

Thanks guys for the comments. I just did purchase a new pouch last week. Not sure if I can say which it is but it is nice. It has a mesh bottom so the dirt will fall out and a couple nice pockets. Also holds my pinpointer, my Lesche digger and my WM10 module. I think I can even get my little video camera in it. It does have a lot of space in it though which is good. Did I mention the 5 gal bucket I take with me. Have to empty that sucker sometimes, getting to old to carry all the extra weight around.

How long have you had your AT Pro? I recently purchased one. I also have a CTX3030, but I have not made as many great finds with it as I had hoped when I purchased it. I get lots of false signals. To me the AT Pro is much more reliable. When I try to use Ferrous Coin on my CTX, I especially receive lots of false signals. I sent it in to Minicab before my warranty ran out and they replaced some parts, but I still receive lots of false signals. I have found lots of wheat pennies and some silver coins, and rings but no gold, except for my test garden. I am unable to use the ExChange2 Software because I no longer have a compatible pc. I learned how to successfully program it manually. I have probably used it for a couple of 1000 hours. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have a GT, but some of its functions no longer work. I can still detect targets over a foot deep. I just cannot afford to send it in for repair at this time.

I have a Tesoro: Lobo, Cibola, and Compadre. For the most part I like using all of my detectors. Since my CTX still enables me to find treasure, I am keeping it.

I have the stock coil and the 6" coils for my CTX and I have 3 AT Pro coils. I love to detect and I live in an area where I can do lots of detecting. Tonight I got my 3rd class ring back to the rightful owner. I love returning finds to the rightful owner. This guy was a Minch because he actually gave me a reward for finding his ring. I offered it back, but he insisted that I keep it. As they say, its easier to give than it is to receive. The only time I will absolutely refuse a reward is if it is from a Veteran, a Policeman, or a Fireman or any other person who works in the public service sector.

David, I've had my ATPro since Jan.2013. It's actually for sale right now in the classified section. I love my Garrett but my CTX just blows it away. You just have to get it programed right. I run a mostly open screen with minimal disc. I do get falsing but tend to run mine a little hot like manual 27 or so. I don't mind it as I can tell when I get a target I want to dig. I mostly field hunt old home sites that are older 1700's, 1800's. I dig a lot of targets, I mean a lot. I just never use my ATPro anymore and hate to see it just sit. I'm thinking about the Makro Racer 2 for a back up to my CTX.
David53 said:
How long have you had your AT Pro? I recently purchased one. I also have a CTX3030, but I have not made as many great finds with it as I had hoped when I purchased it. I get lots of false signals. To me the AT Pro is much more reliable. When I try to use Ferrous Coin on my CTX, I especially receive lots of false signals. I sent it in to Minicab before my warranty ran out and they replaced some parts, but I still receive lots of false signals. I have found lots of wheat pennies and some silver coins, and rings but no gold, except for my test garden. I am unable to use the ExChange2 Software because I no longer have a compatible pc. I learned how to successfully program it manually. I have probably used it for a couple of 1000 hours. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I have a GT, but some of its functions no longer work. I can still detect targets over a foot deep. I just cannot afford to send it in for repair at this time.

I have a Tesoro: Lobo, Cibola, and Compadre. For the most part I like using all of my detectors. Since my CTX still enables me to find treasure, I am keeping it.

I have the stock coil and the 6" coils for my CTX and I have 3 AT Pro coils. I love to detect and I live in an area where I can do lots of detecting. Tonight I got my 3rd class ring back to the rightful owner. I love returning finds to the rightful owner. This guy was a Minch because he actually gave me a reward for finding his ring. I offered it back, but he insisted that I keep it. As they say, its easier to give than it is to receive. The only time I will absolutely refuse a reward is if it is from a Veteran, a Policeman, or a Fireman or any other person who works in the public service sector.