Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunday Hunt in the HEAT

GoGoGopher

Well, it poured rain here in Saturday, so when the sun was shining on Sunday, I just had to get out and do some 'tectin' ... The first inch or 2 was still hard ground, but after that, the ground was moist enough...The temperature was 85, but the humidity was in the 80% range...I sweat my ^&** off...lol...I was out for about 3 hours, but ony about 1 hour was spent swinging the coil...the rest was spent toweling off and drinking juice in the shade...I only managed 89 cents in countable clad (I do not count foreign coins or chewed up zincs)...Burnet Park in Syracuse, NY has been pounded by probably everyone who has owned a detector in the area...Oldest coins found were 1966 and 1967...And they were at about 6" deep. Some guy came along, opened up his trunk, pulled out one of those catch and release type cage traps, opened it, and supposedly let something go...I did not see anything scurry off though...Did I just miss it, or did this guy just miss the train that delivered brains??? Guess I will never know...lol

07-29-12BurnetPark.jpg

HH,

He was probably trying to thin out the squirrel or rabbit population. A guy who used to live next door to me did that...we are always overrun with squirrels (doesn't help that I have two walnut trees in my back yard). He'd take them a few miles out of town and release them. Too bad he's not still around cause they are pretty thick around here. Good job for putting up with the heat and hard ground.

MrGee

Nice clad finds, 3G. Squirrel stew just before hunting season is a good way to deal with those furry rascals. I don't hunt anymore myself, but that used to be a tradition with my buddies. One of their grandpa's started this tradition and it continues to this day. I guess hunting the squirrels sharpened the eye for the deer. They sure made some good stew.