Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunday in the park! Thought it was the 7th of August.

Ronstar

Ok, so Chicago changed the words a bit but if still applies. My words so their music, tomato tamahto…..
Decided to hit an area we’ve worked over pretty hard, thats jkline running both his eTrac and his 3030 (I think he ran his 800 there too). I’ve been over it with the F5 and the F75 and we both thought the area was about done. NOT…..
Took the Legend and decided to run just 4khz as this area is just on the fringe of the EMI Hell Zone, besides I wanted to see just how long she would run on 4. I was maybe a minute or so into the start when I got a good deep 45 VDI so hoping a dime. Instead I was getting rather old aluminum foil pieces at 6-7”. Kinda perturbing a bit but stuck with it. Finally I get a 46 deep and expecting more foil but to my surprise it was a shiny dime at 6” measured. At first not making any sense what it looked like and once I had it out of the hole and under magnification I could see it was a 1911 Canadian dime!!!
I shot Jeff a text and picture (he’s on the OR coast looking for what I couldnt find) and I moved on maybe 15 feet an got a good 53 one way signal and dug, boy did I get a surprise. Out pops a 1906 Barber quarter at 6-7”!!! Second text and pic to Jeff, now I’m having too much fun…..
A bit goes by and and a 44 signal deep and I pull a 1907 Indian Head at 5”!!!! Could this day get any better??? Finally, start working my way out of there and get a strong 46 signal and up pops a 54 Rosie!!!!!
Now Im not knocking other brands but I’m now a firm believer in that 4khz setting!!! Im wondering though if that minor EMI in that area covers the coin in SMF???? Or higher khz settings???? Going back again once this second heat wave subsides…..

Attachments

• 160A8F1C-6228-4228-A2EA-E54F8ACED112.jpeg
    160A8F1C-6228-4228-A2EA-E54F8ACED112.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 133
  • 0315B4F3-F705-413D-87A7-22611AF615E9.jpeg
    0315B4F3-F705-413D-87A7-22611AF615E9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 122
  • 0C0F2E5C-BEC0-49F7-AECF-83BE58C5D3DE.jpeg
    0C0F2E5C-BEC0-49F7-AECF-83BE58C5D3DE.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 117
  • 40C623BF-99F3-43BF-A60A-E907F518D0C8.jpeg
    40C623BF-99F3-43BF-A60A-E907F518D0C8.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 98
  • 7F78ACB0-14E5-4A6D-8491-EC6D2B714BC7.jpeg
    7F78ACB0-14E5-4A6D-8491-EC6D2B714BC7.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 108
  • 02D56A8E-5899-464D-A115-3DA19BAC51C8.jpeg
    02D56A8E-5899-464D-A115-3DA19BAC51C8.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 108
  • 68B617D0-A3BF-41B7-A450-9CC0E6DB4580.jpeg
    68B617D0-A3BF-41B7-A450-9CC0E6DB4580.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114
Ok, so Chicago changed the words a bit but if still applies. My words so their music, tomato tamahto…..
Decided to hit an area we’ve worked over pretty hard, thats jkline running both his eTrac and his 3030 (I think he ran his 800 there too). I’ve been over it with the F5 and the F75 and we both thought the area was about done. NOT…..
Took the Legend and decided to run just 4khz as this area is just on the fringe of the EMI Hell Zone, besides I wanted to see just how long she would run on 4. I was maybe a minute or so into the start when I got a good deep 45 VDI so hoping a dime. Instead I was getting rather old aluminum foil pieces at 6-7”. Kinda perturbing a bit but stuck with it. Finally I get a 46 deep and expecting more foil but to my surprise it was a shiny dime at 6” measured. At first not making any sense what it looked like and once I had it out of the hole and under magnification I could see it was a 1911 Canadian dime!!!
I shot Jeff a text and picture (he’s on the OR coast looking for what I couldnt find) and I moved on maybe 15 feet an got a good 53 one way signal and dug, boy did I get a surprise. Out pops a 1906 Barber quarter at 6-7”!!! Second text and pic to Jeff, now I’m having too much fun…..
A bit goes by and and a 44 signal deep and I pull a 1907 Indian Head at 5”!!!! Could this day get any better??? Finally, start working my way out of there and get a strong 46 signal and up pops a 54 Rosie!!!!!
Now Im not knocking other brands but I’m now a firm believer in that 4khz setting!!! Im wondering though if that minor EMI in that area covers the coin in SMF???? Or higher khz settings???? Going back again once this second heat wave subsides…..
Not too bad I have to say!

How in the heck did all these other machines miss these targets? Did the other detectors struggle with emi in this area? Two well known silver slaying machines missed this silver especially the quarter! How can this be?! 😂 There’s something very special about 4khz on the Legend!! Beautiful silver finds Mr. Ron! I’ll celebrate your wonderful hunt with a Bud Light as well!
Cheers 🍻

I will add that silent EMI is the biggest killer of performance on a metal detector. It may not be “heard” audibly on the other detectors yet it renders them nearly useless. The sad part is the operator isn’t even aware of what’s happening. This is one reason why I continuously noise cancel periodically throughout my hunts.

Last edited:
Man that's Awesome.
Great finds.
Congratulations

Making me wanna dig out some old 5-7 khz machines.

As long as the coil was in motion there was no chatter from the EMI. Oddly though when I tried to pinpoint I would get a wavering up and down sound. If I got directly over the target the wavering would cease. I tried 10khz and the EMI was there so reduced Sens and could get it to almost quiet at about 20. In 4khz I could run 25 easy. BTW I got just a bit over 4 hrs on 4khz when she shut down. That was about my limit in the heat even tho its pretty shady there.

Jimmy, no idea how these got missed. When Jeff gets back we will buddy up and see if I can pull a couple more silvers. But first we will let him scan with the eTrac and see if it catches. Still cant get in the middle of the EMI Hell Zone…..

Wow it took 4khz to crack the ground , as they say lower khz is better on silver I know thats true and better at getting in the ground if it works keep using it .if the emi is mild

Relaying a rat bastard to you !!!!!!!!!!
The Barber Quarter is a good find !!!!!

E L M Y

So you’re conspiring with jkline huh? Let the wars begin!!!!!! Wait until you read what I found up there tonight……. Posting soon

tested my ORX today on a dime and several gold ring, at 4 khz the dime was a solid 8 inches deep and the gold rings 7" if i turned it up to 17.2khz the gold rings 8.5" and the dime 6.5" inches not to mention i think 4khz gets thru the ground deeper , I think