Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sundays Safari hunt

The Fog

Got out with the Safari to a new site on Sunday, only had a few hours of light and we only detected a 100 sq yard area... either it's never been hunted or those that were there weren't very proficient. We found 7 coppers and a a couple of relics in short time. I'll post the pictures later. Can't wait to get back there this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=525TbQgvgug

Wow, excellent hunt. Thanks for the video! I would love to find things like that, just not going to happen down here in St. Pete. Looking forward to your pictures and more finds from this coming weekend.
HH,
Bunker

Well it looks like the draped bust had worse corrosion than I thought, I was hoping it would clean up smooth but the elements took it's toll and it's a bit rough. Too bad because the strike is strong, It was a beauty when it went in... too bad it didn't come out the same way! Here's the 2 King George II's, 1740 and I'm pretty sure the other is 1739. All 3 were within 50 feet of each other. Strange how the Draped Bust had more corrosion than the Georges. It's unreal how smooth some of the old coppers come out... soooo many transactions, and carried around by many, if only they could talk. HH

Nice photos Fog, thanks for posting. That first one is in really good shape for its age. I have dug (newer) old coins that look far worse. Congrats again and best of luck.
Bunker