Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray Coil...and Jim Yates

Ray Hogan

How do the Sunray coils perform with the new Etrac? For Jim Yates....did you notice a difference with the Etrac once you decided to keep it and put the factory coil on it as compared to early on when you had an older Explorer coil on it? Thanks in advance, Ray Hogan, Waco, TX.

The coils all run fine on it, The "old coil" was only a month old and was the exact same as the one that comes with the etrac... So I didnt see any noticeable performance change, I thought I might have when doing some iron testing, but the tests just dont come near what I get in the field. still lots of iron falsing in my spots from all the coils, a little less the smaller the coil...The new pro coil is good, but don't let any one fool you into thinking that you wont need smaller ones.. I picked up quite a bit of things using the X8 and X5 in spots I was over a few times with the pro.. Thing is for me I have not been making any great amount of finds anywhere I hunted hard with teh explorer.. A few smaller things but nothing great...I am thinking the Explorer is as capable of seeing everything the Etrac can, but perhaps the etrac could pick up some of the stuff easier or quicker maybe..And it is definitely more sensitive to smaller targets.. (still not sure thats a good thing for my type hunting, 22 shells etc hit a lot harder and harder to ignore than I could with the explorer)

I was lucky enough to have had a new site to hunt that I only touched with the explorer.. so have made a few good finds with it there..Last couple times not much of anything at all... So next time I will take the explorer over.. see if I can rustle up something the etrac missed, without having to sort out all the high tone iron hits