Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray DTI II Question......

I am pulling together, bit by bit, a Sovereign set up.

So far I have a meter, battery holders with adapter, a rain cover, and a V clip.

My question is about the very sloppy fit between the male "V" on the meter mount
and the female "V" clip.

I am completely new to Minelab, and I'm new to Sovereigns.
Is this terrible fit common or do I have a rare situation here?

Look at these gaps

1362730458_sunray_v_mount_1.jpg

I cut a narrow strip from a thick old credit card and slipped it in, made it tight as a drum.

1362730483_sunray_v_mount_2.jpg

Anyone else have to deal with this or is it just me?

Don't fix which isn't broken.The V clip once screwed in place will be snug.Good Luck Ron

Never had much of a problem with the V clip other than see some don't mount them correctly. The V clip is riveted on the shaft and some have found some screws that will work too as they will set low enough so the meter will slide on. Another thing I have seen as some will say the control box or the meter keeps falling off the V clips and found that these the meter or control boxes where never slid far enough on to lock in place as you will see a little notch in the V clip where the control box or meter will lock into place. If you have too big of the head of the screw I have seen it wont slide on all the way.

Rick

The only thing my GT uses for a V-clip is the Digisearch meter when I'm not using Ron's meter, because his doesn't require a V-clip and can be mounted anywhere (grip or anywhere on the shaft). The Digisearch meter I drilled the rivets out for the V-clip and then used low profile head sheet metal screws and screwed that onto the cut down length of strap on a pipe hanger, then used the pipe hanger to mount the meter on top of my bike end bar grip. Ron's meter will mount to the grip if you very carefully bend his pipe hanger mount.

Either way, point is- Make sure you press HARD once you think the meter is slid all the way on the V-clip. If you don't hear a click then it's not locked in place and will slide easily off and be loose. Pushing with enough force on that tiny area with my thumbs is sort of painful. First time I got it to click into place I thought I cut a nice gash in my thumb but didn't. So push HARD until you hear a click and I bet you don't have any slop then.

Critter, the end of the mount on the meter bumps into the dead end of the V clip and never snugs up.

It flops around.

I wonder if someone did some sanding on the mount.

Or it's like Ron said, there a difference when the V clip is fastened down tight.