Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray probe question

B sperty

I just put a sunray probe on my MXT.When i turn it on it seems noisy ,
The only other experience i have with sunray probes is on an explorer
which is pretty stable and quiet.

this happens to mine from time to time.
flip the switch from probe to coil a few times.
if its still giving false signals disconnect the probe and see if the coil works OK.
if the problem is not with detector itself then reconnect the probe and be careful with the connections.
this helps me.
jay

the probe still works but when not using the probe my mxt want shut up.
It will give false readings all over the place.
When i connect my coil straight to the mxt it works fine.It has to be the switch or the connection on the probe box.
Has anyone else had this problem?
It has been doing it ever since i got it about 6 weeks ago and normally flipping the switch a couple of times would do the trick but now it want stop.I'm shipping it back tomorrow.
jay

I had the same problem. I sent it back to Sunray and they fixed it. Ralph said that it had somehow lost it's ground lead connection where the wire from the coil connects to the DX1 control box. The problem is in the threaded female connection on the box. If you wiggle or tap that connector while the detector is on and sitting stable it will probably cause noise and falsing. That is the test he had me do.

Jim

noise. It took Ralph about three minutes to figure it out. The wires on the early probes mine was serial 160 had fragile wires.