Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray Stealth X-5 Coil

tiftaaft

Does anyone use the Sunray X-5 on their Explorer? I have seen a lot of posts on the etrac forum about it, and the overwhelming response is that they love it. Just curious if anyone has experience with it on the Explorer. I just received one, and I will give it a go this weekend and report back :).

Tim.

Lol! Oh my friend....you have not seen accuracy QUITE yet then with that SE. Keep us posted with your thoughts on the magical puck...if you don't mind hunting a smaller area and taking your time...it has no peers. Quality of build and accuracy of operation make it one of a kind.

D&P-OR said:
Yes, that little X-5 works very well on the Explorers also.

Del....that X-8 continues to ASTOUND me whenever I'm driving the EX2. Amazing stuff those Sunrays....

Thanks D&P.

IDX... I can already tell by the size of it at the end of the rod that patience will be a virtue. Lol!! My X-1 probe isn't much smaller. Ha! But as you said, there a few small spots and a couple trashy area that I can't wait to slice and dice with this little guy. :detecting:

Interesting I know of a few trash heaps that coil might work in...which then gave me the idea of using my weed popper to dig that shallow trash out of the way :O

Well, still trying to get the feel for the X-5... I can definitely see the difference in depth... which isn't such a bad thing, especially in trashy areas.. but since I can comfortably run the stock coil at about 28 sensitivity... There isn't a large upside on boosting the sens with the x-5. I do like having it in my arsenal, and will keep going to it at those tight locations. I have an etrac as well, so I keep the x-5 on one assembly and the stock pro coil on the other... that allows me to swap at the top screw pretty quickly (which is good since there isn't a lot of clearance inside the rod to fish that cable through... thanks a million to the person that posted the tip about using dental floss as a guide string... ).

Hopefully some good finds soon to come.

Tim.