Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray X1 probe

balenim

I have a Sunray probe on my SE and it's begun to really chatter so badly I can't use it. I've tried turning the sensitivity down but no luck. The cable and the connections are OK. Any suggestions are ideas as to the cause? Is there any way to get it fixed?

Thanks,

Balenim

Hey there Minelab spelled backwards...does the machine chatter when you take the probe out of line? Does the switch feel loose at all? Has it been drowned? Try isolating the machine itself to be SURE and then inspect the connections very carefully....spray them out with Deoxit contact cleaner. You might have a bit of corrosion or something else may be the issue but do those things first. Report back on what happens, if anything.

Sounds like the connection in the tip of probe is bad... try tapping the tip of probe in your palm.. see if it makes noise.. think they are around 137.00 to get fixed...Ralph still might fix them....I cut one of my eight inch down to six.. to get to tip... was a real pain!

The machine works normal when I switch to the regular coil. I've removed the probe completely from the machine now and gone back to the stock upper shaft since I wasn't getting any use from the probe. I've cleaned the contacts before. The probe control box has never been drowned. It started this some months ago but would eventually stabilize when you switched over to the probe. The machine has been put away for 6-8 months while we moved. When I got it out the other day to do some detecting, the probe would not stabilize and achieve a threshold. Thanks for your input and suggestions.

Good follow up and explanation of the details. A lot of times questions are asked, answers given and no further action, which can be frustrating. I also know that the inline probe is really nice to have, and people want ALOT of money for them to this day! Good luck with it, if you are considering letting it go as is, let me know in a PM please.

Good follow up and explanation of the details. A lot of times questions are asked, answers given and no further action, which can be frustrating. I also know that the inline probe is really nice to have, and people want ALOT of money for them to this day! Good luck with it, if you are considering letting it go as is, let me know in a PM please.
IDX I am definitely open to moving this thing on to someone. It is of no use to me and apparently Sunray is just barely around these days which is a real shame. Send me a PM and let me have an offer if you like. Thanks!