Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunrayprobes/mxt

coin2

How good is the sunray dx-1,for the mxt. I have been hearing alote about them laty. I was just on their web site reading about the dx-1,thats recamened for the dfx a mxt. How well do the work?

I am here in Fla for the winter and the beach is sanded. I broke out the MXT with the DX-1 and have been having the time of my life. The thing is the soil here is very mineralized and they lay down sod which grows on top of sandy soil. With the probe I am able to find targets quickly and without disturbing much of the sod. This comes in handy when the property owner comes along. Anyway, I am very pleased with the probe as it acts as a "mini" coil with VDI and depth readings that are a big help when trying to locate the target in trashy areas. I just ordered a HH uniprobe and will let you know the difference.

It makes finding the target so much faster and easier and my wife which uses the MXT with the Sun Ray probe can find so much more on each outing with it as she can find the target fast and on to the next target. Also like it was said before on targets not deeper than 3 inches you can use the probe and pop the target out of the ground and not disturb the ground much, so you can go more place and cant even tell you were there.
To me it is by far the best accessory you can buy for your MXT.

I think the DX-1 probe is outstanding! It speeds up recoving targets much much faster. Also I like that it displays a VDI number on the MXT when probing. Well worth it I think! Got one for the DFX as well.

I usually use a handheld pinpointer for open-hole probing. I use my DX-1 mainly for targets that are less than 3" deep to get a very fine pinpoint.

Also have had some luck using it in spots where there are several very close targets (for better target separation and more accurate ID). So If there's nails, pulltabs, and silver quarter in a foot square area, I scan it with the probe to find the good target out of the mess. That 1" coil really works well for this.

Usually no more than 3" from the surface. Seems like I've had some luck a bit deeper, but it's very faint and you'd need a good set of headphones if you planned on using it that deep. Handhelds are usually around 1-1

HI gadget

Thanks you for your info about the probe.I have a probe from the white's compony,the hand held kind that came with my detector. I am shore you no the one,I am talking about. IT don't go deep,that for shore! :detecting:

coin2