Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunspot Stealth 720

DaveStar

I have finally recovered financially from the purchases of my Minelab CTX 3030 and Excalibur II. I am now ready to buy a quality scoop. I have done my homework and one of my top choices is the Sunspot Stealth 720. Before I shell out the money, I was wondering if anyone who owns this particular scoop has had any problems with it and what is your evaluation of this scoop? I will be using it primarily on the Gulf side of Florida, mostly on and around the area of Siesta Key Beach, both in the water and on the sand.

Any input or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Dave

Me and my buddy hunt Siesta and can tell you thats heavy think sand. He has that scoop. He had the first design with a single brace in the back.... and he bent the back top. Chuck made it good and redid his desing with a double back brace. My bud still put a slight bend in it.... i think Chuck called us 6 days a week gorillas lol. Its a light scoop really and quit strong. Drains well.... but at Siesta you cant man handle a scoop.... punch it in and pull back letting it slowly loosen the sand. Its a nice long scoop and that pointed bill works well in the bay and shells. There are 3 scoops that id look at .... the Stealth, Starvr, or the T-Rex. I use a ProScoop which appears to have been redesigned by Ron putting th handle on top, like i did to mine. Good scoops for our area because of the 1/4 holes .... almost nothing gets away on these 10 X 12 inch monsters. You cant go wrong with any of these.

Dew

I use the T-Rex at Gulf Shores Alabama and I am very pleased with it...It is an excellent scoop.

eek

i have the stavr for wet sand and old miller fullloop scoop for the water for the water ...but i did just fine in the water with the starv scoop and its weighs half of the stealth

I used a KellyCo scoop most of the summer,it was angled like the new 720...It was not my scoop,so when my buddy got back from up north i ordered the straight handled stealth.The 720 had just come out,but i opted for the streight handled design that alot of forum and my club members where using......It took some getting used to,and made a few sore muscles that i didn't use with the angled handle....I liked the price(189.00 delivered) that the handle floats,the size,the way it punches into the sand and gets lots of the target area without pushing sand away.I don't force a full scoop of sand but just let the leverage break it lose,no bends yet.....I'm used to it now,but i would like to try the 720....GL

I am a big strong boy and the 6 1/2 inch model is big enough for me. I like the Stealth and it was a big part of my success this year. The 6 1/2 inch model is BIG and it is way HEAVY when loaded with wet sand! Remember you are digging with one hand....usually your left.

Unless you are a gorilla....don't go any bigger.......Why ??? :goodnight:

Let me see..... im 60 years old, 5'8" 160 lbs.... my scoop weighs in at 7.6 lbs and its 12" X 10" and i hunt in the water and on the wet/dry sand dragging it around. So you get used to it. Oh and i also hunt at least 6 days a week 5 hours a day. Im no gorilla...... but get the scoop you want and dont think weight in you are using it IN the water.... they do lighten up,

Dew

I absolutely LOVE my Stealth 720! I highly recommend it to you. If you are a forum member at FMDF, Chuck will even give you a discount as well. I got mine with the wood handle and I am glad I did! My vote for your scoop is the 720 for sure.

539286_10152179553750635_148336554_n.jpg

247720_10152179556815635_1568734054_n.jpg

23866_10152191700805635_453327909_n.jpg

394998_10152191702255635_1653430544_n.jpg

Glad he gives a discount to forum members. I emailed him today and hope to purchase the stealth 8" classic this Friday.

I called chuck and ordered the classic 8" sunspot with the handle and he shipped it Friday. I was going to give him my credit card, but he just said send me a check when it gets there. That's great service and a 5% discount is great to. Thanks Chuck.

Got my scoop Tuesday and put it together last night and hope to use it this afternoon and the rest of the week at the river. Great service and great product. Thans again, Chuck.

WOW! 80 coins in two hours??? I need to come hunt with you!! Congrats, gotta love that 720.

I found 140 pennies total and quite a few clad quarters, dimes and nickels. I usually have a hard time with finding nickels, but not at the river. I found a standing liberty quarter with no date and a 1942 washington quarter. [attachment 251770 December-2012-photos087Custom.jpg] [attachment 251771 December-2012-photos088Custom.jpg] [attachment 251772 December-2012-photos089Custom.jpg]
[attachment 251773 December-2012-photos097Custom.jpg] [attachment 251774 December-2012-photos098Custom.jpg]
The 1925 mercury dime was found on land. Everything else was found at the river.