Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:super:BE CAREFUL with those tiny little one way tick sounds! Picture Added!

JohnTN

I got a signal that sounded like a deep little bucky ball, kind of like an inverted almost cold rock deep tick. This signal was very narrow ( maybe 40 degrees out of 360 degrees ) and I would lose it if I only slightly turned. There was an iron grunt from all other angles. My detecting buddy checked it with the F75 in all metal and disc. 0 + 4 tone and could not coax anything that would indicate there being something other than ferrous in the hole. Well not being ready to call it a day I decided I would investigate. I cut a deep plug and had a square nail at about 4". I almost covered up the hole but decided to rescan it and I could still hear the deep inverted sounding tick. So I took out more dirt I was down to about 12" deep by now and still getting the tick in the hole. I double checked with my pro-pointer and it slightly signaled on something directly in the center of the hole. I thought what the heck would be this deep so almost ready to give up I decided I would sink the shovel one more into the bottom the hole. Down about 18" I felt the shovel hit something. I reached in up to my elbow and out came a handful of Civil War Bullets followed by another handful. Ended up being 210 civil war bullets ranging from 18"-24" deep. Don't buy it when people say the Gold Bug is not deep.

Wow that awesome.A picture would be sweet.
Others have talked of that tick sound, im going out in a few hope to train my ear some.

ShhiiissH ....Gad dangit boy.... keep it quiet.....every one knows dem ole bounty hunters aint no good.....WINK

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Ps. Nice pictures John ..... and... fine relics to boot

I knew this the same day i had my Bug in my hands.....

Its deep.... maybe it takes a while to feel the whispers and the ticks but any owner will be there at some point...

And it will be easier to talk about it....and not be burned at the stake...with ID..

I said it when I posted my video of the Gold Bug on the beach...gotta dig those deep sounding 'ticks'.

Wow!
I guess you'd call that a bullet cache!
Wow!
You got to be stoked!
Thanks for the post and the pics.
HH
Mike

WTG! John, that is really cool! Do you think your E-trac would have done that?
Which version is your GB SE?

HH
PennyFinder

I don't feel like the Etrac or any machine I have other than maybe the XP Goldmaxx would have got this signal. This site is so littered with square nails and this target was so masked I just feel like most machines could not have seen it. I'd dare say 9 times out of 10 I would have left it with the GB SE. This recovery was pure old luck. Heck even a blind hog finds a nut now and then LOL!