Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Super Tuning

richbat

Been reading up on super tuning my Silver Sabre II and did actually try it but not to impressed.The depth wasn't very significant to allow just cause to continue using it.To me it just seems like a complete waste of time but hey it was an interesting test.Has anyone else had different results trying this?By the way I was using a 7" concentric coil on the Silver Sabre II.

I have used super tuning on my Cibola.
In tests, it seems to get about another inch in depth. And the discrimination seems to work ok too. I was more concerned about that...
I think in some situations, super tuning is nice to use.

I I use a vaq. I dont like running the machine to where it is unstable. I run it at the edge . Usually the sensitivity is in the red a bit and the threshold turned up to where I can still use the pinpoint / all metal button. I have tried super tuning to the point where it chatters a lot , I didnt see any advantage of that setting.

You're right hatpin.
I have been mostly running with the same settings. I like to have the pinpoint when I need it.

My most usual way to hunt with the Vaq is supertuned with the thresh at 3:00.
Don't care about using the pinpoint, everything sounds great to me and the disc works well in everything from iron to top end.

In the days I used to play around more I did experiment some in areas and I went over spots not supertuned with no signals and a few with some faint breaking iffy signals and then by supertuning the dead spots all of a sudden had signals and the areas with the iffy signals those signals became louder and solid.

This was all done in extremely bad soil in Birmingham where depth was pitiful and even getting up to and past 5" was a dream in most of the really bad dirt.
Here in Kansas I have never experimented like this so in my now much better dirt results could be different, but when I do hunt with the Vaq here it is usually supertuned because that is just normal for me at this point and I find great stuff at depths from shallow to fairly deep.

Next time I am out with that thing I will mess around and see if good soil vs. bad soil makes a difference.

I don't think the Silver Sabre II is amendable to supertuning.

Bleaver said:
I don't think the Silver Sabre II is amendable to supertuning.
I think you should do a search about that quote you just made.It is very amendable.