Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

superstitions when firing up the deus.

newuser

This may have been brought up before but I was curious about when you fire up the Deus and once It's calibrated a # comes up, sometimes it's a 06 sometimes in the 40's and I've had 70's show up. This happens when I still have the coil in the air. I've gotten superstitious about it and I will turn it off and back on until I get a higher #. Whether or not I'm doing something wrong I haven't a clue. Regardless is it normal, does anybody else do this, or am I the only not job that is superstitious about this. Just curious, does any body have any thoughts or opinions on this.
Thanks

in air the deus always has noise signals, when put on ground it becomes stable. its normal, after calibrating i think its at its most sensitive.
just turn on and Hunt!!! and for best results, don't look on the screen ;)

When I fire up my Deus, I always face East and my left foot is always at a 45 degree angle to the direction I am facing. I always keep my eyes set on a 1000 yard stare while I quietly whisper "The alligator's left the building" repeatedly. Once the coil light stops blinking, I am all set to start hunting. :blink:

Just kidding! Just do what hamdit said.

If it's working, then keep doing it. If a low number is going to break your concentration then you have no choice, it's an automatic do over.

I'll take superstitions any day over negative doubt.... If you feel good about it, drive on! I've never noticed the screen on my initial start up, I'm usually looking at the area I'm detecting for last minute thoughts on my approach!! My acronym gives me the advantage, it's all mental ..DEUS =(Doing Everything Under the Sun) ;)

pulltabMiner said:
When I fire up my Deus, I always face East and my left foot is always at a 45 degree angle to the direction I am facing. I always keep my eyes set on a 1000 yard stare while I quietly whisper "The alligator's left the building" repeatedly. Once the coil light stops blinking, I am all set to start hunting. :blink:

Just kidding! Just do what hamdit said.

Me too! Only I prefer to plant my right foot at 45deg.

In all seriousness though, I do search out a clear metal free area when I power the coil up.

Like Andy says " hands up! Or at least your coil"

It increases my finds when I yell "hey this is private property" as my machine is starting up .. Seem to find more that way ;)