Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sure is different on here

7centsworth

Took me a while to even figure out how to log in. I had to change my password and everything. At least we can lost again but not sure how I’m going to like it. I’ll get used to it.

Private message is beside your name. And to change the times being off you have to click on your name and then put in your time zone. Hope this helps.

Took me a while to even figure out how to log in. I had to change my password and everything. At least we can lost again but not sure how I’m going to like it. I’ll get used to it.
I had to change my password as well but I really like the new look and being able to scroll down through the threads. Great change!

I'm figuring it out, but sadly I don't see some names and bet we will lose some of them. :(

Posting pictures is way easier. I just posted all my Xterra coils for sale. As I’m getting equinox 800.

I'm figuring it out, but sadly I don't see some names and bet we will lose some of them. :(
Mike, I see from your avatar name, that you must enjoy History. The Iron Brigade was one of the norths toughest fighting brigades in the American War Between the States. But I'm sure you already knew this. If you enjoy reading History there was a Great book written on the Iron Brigade entitled "Those Damned Black Hats" . They were given this name by the Johnnies' that opposed them. Great read if interested. Have a good day. I hope we don't lose any members here. This is a great forum.

Mike, I see from your avatar name, that you must enjoy History. The Iron Brigade was one of the norths toughest fighting brigades in the American War Between the States. But I'm sure you already knew this. If you enjoy reading History there was a Great book written on the Iron Brigade entitled "Those Damned Black Hats" . They were given this name by the Johnnies' that opposed them. Great read if interested. Have a good day. I hope we don't lose any members here. This is a great forum.
Yes I know a fair amount about the Iron Brigade but have not read that book. Nearly 20 years ago several guys from MI, IN, and IL met up in a some farm fields in Northern Indiana. They decided to call themselves the Iron Brigade. Not only because of the great men who fought in the CW, but they also dug lots of iron from the fields. After that they decided that anyone who went digging with a member of the IB would then be a member. In only a few years there were way over 100 members from all over the US, Canada, and other places as well. There wasn't any club dues or formal meetings, just diggers meeting up to go digging. Most don't use the handle anymore, but I kept it because I have made friends for life on many of these hunts. I was one of the earliest members in the IB. :)

Yes I know a fair amount about the Iron Brigade but have not read that book. Nearly 20 years ago several guys from MI, IN, and IL met up in a some farm fields in Northern Indiana. They decided to call themselves the Iron Brigade. Not only because of the great men who fought in the CW, but they also dug lots of iron from the fields. After that they decided that anyone who went digging with a member of the IB would then be a member. In only a few years there were way over 100 members from all over the US, Canada, and other places as well. There wasn't any club dues or formal meetings, just diggers meeting up to go digging. Most don't use the handle anymore, but I kept it because I have made friends for life on many of these hunts. I was one of the earliest members in the IB. :)
that sounds like a lot of fun and a way to meet some great folks. I'll bet y'all hit those fields like an Iron Brigade. Great story.