Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sure is quiet around here these days. Did everyone switch detector brands?:shrug:

bottlebum

Surely someone out there is doing some looting?

...I am giving the Explorer a serious workout. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, and seem to be finding more silver, but I sure miss some things from the Sov. (The "Minelab wiggle" should be called the "Sovereign wiggle" 'cause it sure doesn't work nearly as well on the Explorer. I'm more likely to make iron sound good on the SE then get a better reading on a good target.) Right now my Sov is basically being used when I introduce someone new to detecting and as a backup if needed, though I've taken it out a few times with some new (used) coils I picked up. I really like the Coinsearch coil I picked up but also thinking about trying to find a SunRay 12" coil and waterproofing the Sov for a beach machine. (Though with gas prices I haven't been to the beach in a few months.) Just haven't taken the time/effort to do it yet.

I know what you mean about the coinsearch coil. It is a sweet little coil. I used to have one and found some deepie's with it. Did you get one of the coils that David at Dixie is selling?

I have a GT but just recently bought another because it came with the S-12 coil that I wanted. I figure i'll keep the coil and sell one of the detectors in order to recoup some of the money.

Good luck with the SE. People seem to do really well with them.

HH, bottlebum

...I bought a used one from the classifieds that I got at a good price, presumably because the logo was gone, no coil cover, etc. But it works great! After only using it a few times, I saw why it was so highly thought of and wondered what else I would have found that I missed with the BBS over that year of intensive use. (Since I don't have my kids most of the time, I spend a lot of time detecting (probably partially in compensation).) If I was using the Sov full time, I probably would have grabbed one of Dixie's.

I'm happy with the SE, and have no regrets purchasing one, but wish I could combine a lot of aspects of the SE and the Sov.

BlackX said:
I'm happy with the SE, and have no regrets purchasing one, but wish I could combine a lot of aspects of the SE and the Sov.

Interesting,,,,,,,,,:thumbup:

is the annoying tone after going over iron. I hunted with Sovs for years and never liked that blaaaat tone the machine goes to after running over iron or anything disced out. The SE is a nice machine indeed.

HH
Neil