Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sure is quiet over here....

Plugger,when these guys are quite they are probably out there getting in trouble.Kinda like the old western movies when the drums stop beating that's when ever thing hits the fan.HH Ron

I like it quiet! Just finished charging my GT baterry packs for an early hunt tomorrow morning. I see where alot of the guys sold off their Etracs to buy the new 3030, but, I didn't see anybody getting rid of their GT or Excals!
I'm too blind to stare at a screen and too dumb to constantly fool with settings and I certainly don't need GPS to know where I am on the beach! I have a meter built into my GT, if I care to know the value of a target, but, I usually dig everything anyways. I think of my GT as a vacumn cleaner at the beach, if I pass my coil over a good target, I will hear it. So, what I need to do is hunt more beaches more often and I will find more!
The CTX3030 is cool looking and I am sure it will hunt well too. I hope it is everything everyone expects and I will enjoy reading all the neat stories of their great finds. I'll stick with my trusty GT!

Plugger,great observation.I'm sure the new CTX3030 is a fine detector,but I won't be hocking my Sovereign or Explorer to buy one.HH Ron

CTX3030 like a bus load of kids let lose in a candy store iam sure it will prove it self but if like my first detector in 2007 the DFX it took me 1 year to figure that out now it,s a piece of cake the CTX for me has to many things i don't need to figure out like plugger tomorrow ill be taking my GT to the beach early and do some hunting basically turn on and go today kicked off the beach season the crowds were out !!!! to quote VirginaBeach Max the donaters were here . Jim :detecting:

I know my machine and I know what it can find, why buy a $2000+ machine to find the same gold jewelry my Excal can also find? Just doesn't make too much sense to do that.....HH

gt and excal-simpicity at its finest.... cant see selling what i got for a shot in the dark....and if this new unit turns out to be half of what is advertized its gonna take a whole lotta clad to pay it off if there aint no gold out there.....ok back to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

I bought a second hand E Trac on the day the 3030 was announced, couldn't be happier with it. Now having the ET in conjunction with my Excal I have the best of both worlds!
I love my Excal and do dive with it so the new machine wouldn't suit my needs anyway.

HH

plugger said:
I like it quiet! Just finished charging my GT baterry packs for an early hunt tomorrow morning. I see where alot of the guys sold off their Etracs to buy the new 3030, but, I didn't see anybody getting rid of their GT or Excals!
I'm too blind to stare at a screen and too dumb to constantly fool with settings and I certainly don't need GPS to know where I am on the beach! I have a meter built into my GT, if I care to know the value of a target, but, I usually dig everything anyways. I think of my GT as a vacumn cleaner at the beach, if I pass my coil over a good target, I will hear it. So, what I need to do is hunt more beaches more often and I will find more!
The CTX3030 is cool looking and I am sure it will hunt well too. I hope it is everything everyone expects and I will enjoy reading all the neat stories of their great finds. I'll stick with my trusty GT!
My sentiments exactly:thumbup:

It was quiet because everybody was off doing cook outs or hunting. That's where I've been.

The GPS isn't high enough resolution to grid with and won't work underwater anyway, and I see some are raising concerns that the new machine is too broad in shape with the display screen sticking up and the chunky back and all that...To where it will offer more resistance in the water than the Excal. Also, it's only rated to 10 feet while the Excal is a diving machine. The AT Pro was had seals rated to 10 feet and some guys found normal wave action was exceeding the PSI raiting for the seals on it, so Garrett had to replace that stuff from what I heard? Nobody is going to be looking at a screen in the water anyway. Just like the GT for land, I'd rather have the Excal for water hunting because I prefer the keep it simple method. Raw deep power as deep or deeper than any detector, but with simply controls and no hassle set up. That's one of the reasons why I prefer the GT. And since I can wade belly deep with my GT I don't even need the Excal. I hunt fresh water lakes and lake Erie, so no big concern for wave action splashing my GT on most days...And I keep it in a plastic bag sealed with rubber bands so it would take a heck of a wave to get it wet anyway.

biglry said:
plugger said:
My sentiments exactly:thumbup:

I concur!! I've got a couple of explorers but I always go back to the excal!

I have to chuckle at some of the posts now that the 3030 is out. Its like they did to the Explorers when the E/T came out. Im sure the posts for awhile will be..... shall we say unbelievable. All said and done.... time will tell if FBS is better in the water. I still like my SE.... seems call it an Explorer.... an ET or 3030 its FBS with the same depth.

Dew