Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sure was cold out there today...

JoeVal

No great finds for the almost 2-1/2 hours I hunted this afternoon, but if you look closely, you’ll see that these coins have been in the ground for quite some time. Today’s hunt was at a site I hunted just a couple of months ago with my AT Max. I went over a lot of the same areas using my new Equinox 600, and found most of these coins at 5-7” or more in depth. No...a site is never hunted out. Wether it was the machine or the fact that you can’t cover every square inch of dirt, I’m still pleased at the coinage I found at these depths.

The girl's necklace was a surface find next to the last coin I dug for the day. The non coin items are trash that ran perfect numbers for coins. The screw caps always get me, because they show up as quarters.

Did I mention is was pretty cold outside? I was hunting in a valley, and it was definitely windier down there than on top of the hill. I hunted till I ran out of daylight.

Congrats on the nice finds & braving that cool temp!

Some of these folks would think 39 degrees is a pretty balmy day to get out. Be thankful its above freezing.

Nice finds that's spring weather for me!

It's currently 21 with a wind-chill of 12....yep I,m staying in with the wood stove. I can air test all my old finds today

Nice finds Joe! Love that necklace. It looks vintage. Is it silver?

JoeVal, Nice finds with your NEW detector. I've found that whenever I get a new detector or new coil, that the number and depth of my finds increases. I don't know if that is solely because of the new equipment or if it is because I slow down and pay closer attention to the audio. In any event, I foresee many more excellent finds in your goodie pouch. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel