Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Surfmaster Dual Field PI, no receive.

Tripp

Hello it’s been quite a while since my last post. I could not locate the Beach Detector part of the forum so I posted this here.
Went out on the beach yesterday and all was good, detector running smoothly; or so I thought. The smoothest sounding threshold I had ever heard. No warbles, no tremble in the tone. One small target close the surface an oddly shaped piece of metal. Some sort of cam lock I figured.
No coins, but occasionally a buried can or large pieces of can slaw. About 30 minutes into the hunt I was down by the waters edge,still had that super smooth threshold that I was not used to. Then all of a sudden I heard a very loud sharp ping sound come thru the headphones.
Then it was like the detector had switched gears or something. I then heard the familiar sound of the tremble and crackle of the threshold that is described in the user manual as normal. I really don’t know if what I’m used to hearing is the exact way the sound of the threshold should be, but I’ve always had pretty good results finding just about any thing possible: rings,coins, artifacts,fishing weights,fishing hooks,and any sort of trash that occurs on the beach. Went out today and again very smooth sounding threshold and not detecting any targets. I gave up after 30 minutes because something was wrong. Tested on my wedding ring and would not pick it up until it was right on the detector coil and my scoop about a foot away. Cranked up the gain full and same thing. I think it is my coil... what do you guys think.? Sorry for the long rant.

Last edited:
Take a magnifier and check out the coil connector and wire very closely for any signs of corrosion. I can’t remember, is the Surf Master DF hard wired or have a connector? Been years since I had one. A MXT I had acted up like that and there was just a little fine green corrosion at connector.