Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Surfmaster PI Performance Modification

Mr.Bill

Increase performance considerably on your Surfmaster PI toward small gold jewelry. With a simple modification you can end up with a 15

Mr. Bill,
Thank you.
Terrific information!
Does this apply only to the Surfmaster PI or is it the same or similar on any of the other similarly names detectors (Surfmaster PI Deep Diver, Surfmaster PI Plus and Surfmaster PI Pro)?
tvr

Mr Bill has told me my Surfmaster PI Plus will greatly benefit from this mod. I didn't ask about the others.

Mr Bill did this mod to my Surf master PI several years ago, it did make a difference in gold sensitivity especially to small items. Go for it if you can!!

Watch out Mr Bill, I'm going to tell Bill Lahrs about this... I still have one of the original 50 machines... Is that the same mod that you did years ago?.. Nes

Hello Mr. Bill,I real enjoyed your article for the SurfMaster PI , and going to give it a try. You thing I could get those piece's ( IRC 9640 MOSFET and 390 ohm resistor) at Radio Shack ? Are these pieces directional ? I don't want to put it in backwards . Thanks,Bill R.

I ask Mr Bill and he no longer does any Mod;s. I would love to have it done on my Surf Master PI Daul Field. I want to be sure it is done right. The Detector is only two weeks old. Thanks for the help. Jim

If I remember reading right the Dual Field has the mods incorporated into the machine already from the factory.

Just found this thread and have been having lots of fun with my Surf PI. Think this mod will be a great enhancement. Thanks Mr Bill