Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Susan G Komen, Flying Squirrels, and The Sand Cat Guy

mudpuppy

For the past few years, I've gotten to know the Sand Cat Guy who is on the beach early pulling the rake...we talk everyday, and he is a huge help to me...yesterday morning he told me there was going to be a big Susan G Komen stand-up paddleboard event at one particular mediocre beach...so I drove down there yesterday afternoon to take a look...Man! Huge crowd! All paddleboarding! The Susan G website said the turnout was better than their last event in Miami...I believe it, Havnt seen this many Women together outside a quilting bee!... could hardly sleep last night in anticipation of all the gold!:drool:

Well, I hit it at 5am, small beach, perfect for the 70 in the dark, takes no time to sweep the whole thing...popping clad and cans to be danged! Got this stuff and $1.30 in cans, a fine set of footwear that should fit the Wife,...one of the pennies is a wheaty, go figure?.[attachment 316128 july12-15.jpg]

Hit the picnic area and got myself this fine piece of unattended cake for breakfast! Complete with utensils, and the person even had the decency to cover it with that other plate for me![attachment 316129 july12-15-1.jpg]

Sort of funny to see Garrett headphones on the F70 huh? Well, I use waterproof blue phones on my AtPro, I cut and soldered a right angle plug to the stock garretts to use on my 70...seems to work just fine...Now, regarding the Flying Squirrel...

I recently purchased one of those screen doors that has a strip of magnets down the middle, pretty slick set up, you just walk right through it and it closes itself! My little rotten little dog PaiMei tore the hell out of our standard screen door on account of he hates squirrels, chipmunks, and other assorted rodents and isnt smart enough or tall enough to use the door knob..Wife has been hollering at me to get the door re-screened, but I thought, that's no good, he will just tear that up too...so I picked up the magnetic screen door thingy at Bed Bath and Bedamned...and it works just fine, except any old thing can come crawling into your house!:rofl:

So Yesterday afternoon, me and PaiMei were watching Shark Week, and I see something move out of the corner of my eye in the kitchen...it was a baby Flying Squirrel! Luckily, PaiMei was sort of half asleep, so I got up and eased over towards the mitten basket to get myself a glove, and gently started in pursuit! We have tile floors, with carpeting on the stairs, which makes no sense, but anyway...the poor little thing is not as fast as a 'munk, or a standard issue tree rat, with all that skin, they sort of hop and flop like an animated dishrag with feet, like the magic carpet in the Alladin movie...I was trying to gently move it towards the door to shoo it out of the house, and having a bit of success when PaiMei all of a sudden woke up and saw it!

Thats when all Hell broke loose! With a low growl, Pai came screeching across the tile, trying to gain traction, the poor little squirrel gave up hope of making it to the door and flew down the basement stairs into the laundry basket! Pai dove in after him! The Squirrel, somehow made it out unnoticed and unscathed and climbed up on top of the railing and made an awkward dishtowely ascent up past me and up into the upstairs bathroom! Where I cornered the little guy and bravely snatched him up...[attachment 316130 squirrel.jpg]
I carried him outside and gently let him go...Pai was still rooting around in the laundry basket, like the stupid little dope he is...I feel good that I can out hunt a dog half my age, although I'm sure I'll get in trouble if the Wife finds out and have to get the standard screen door repaired...a guy cant have wildlife wandering around in the house on a daily basis. [attachment 316131 squirrel-1.jpg] Gotta go, theres a Pileated woodpecker out back pounding a hole in my chimney...How can a guy find time to hunt in these circumstances!:rofl:
Mud

Well, you have already had a neat (at least for us) early morning adventure. And, some top and bottom attire along with a nice pile of clad and cans. Oh, and a nice piece of dessert. Yup, you've done your job(s), now you can kick back and just relax the day away. My kind of man!:thumbup: HH jim tn