Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Suspender Clip

HuntinDog

Greetings All,
Well I've installed V3.0 and went out and gave it a quick try.
i'm still in the learning stages of V2.0 so 3.0 is a new game.
I didn't do any adjusting to any of the set programs.
I shot mostly in Fast with ground tracking.
My partner and I have been hunting this site for over a year with Whites and the Deus (mostly the Deus).
We've picked this place clean and now trying to hear those "mouse wispers" for a good target.
The site is an old 1860's stage stop that had a road house, livery stable, blacksmith shop and of course the stop itself.
IRON is everywhere!!
If we find one or two good targets now we are happy.

I found that Fast sorted through the iron the best and gave the clearest sounds of a possible good target.
The mineralization doesn't show as very high and the ground tracking is in the 70's to low 80's.
I get a lot of falsing, but i think that i recognize it as such.

Is there any ideas that I may adjust to to help in picking out the deeper targets that I'm missing?
I'm just not sure how any of the adjustment will effect how the Deus will run.

Andy.... I NEED your book....

Here is what I found on this trip plus 5 headstamps and a bunch of iron.
If anyone can shed some light on the Suspender clip as to what it may have been on (date is apparent) it looks too fancy for just bibs.
It may not have been for suspenders and could have been for a ribbon or something.
The other round thing (not the Wheatie) I think is the tongue part of a womans Tongue and wreath beltbuckle with the loop broken off.
The center part most likley held a rhinestone.
It could also be the Wreath and the Tongue center was a very small flower or something of that sort.

Thanks for the look
Herb

Herb I would bet the centennial clip is from suspenders. I found a pair just like that one in a site several years ago laying a few feet apart. I hadn't ever seen that style before and haven't seen them since. Btw yours looks to be in pretty nice condition!

If your getting a lot of falsing do a manual GB and see where your number is at compared to what it's tracking. Mine has off-tracked on me before by more than 15 points low, and it gets very chattery especially in heavy iron scatter. I'm not sure why it does that, but running a manual GB or factory GB setting of 90 will usually be a lot smoother.

Nice finds! You might try digging out the iron. You just never know what is underneath it all.

Terry(Mi) said:
If your getting a lot of falsing do a manual GB and see where your number is at compared to what it's tracking. Mine has off-tracked on me before by more than 15 points low, and it gets very chattery especially in heavy iron scatter.

I've experienced the same thing when using tracking, but with the GB running on the high side when hunting areas with a lot of non ferrous trash. Tracking seems to work better in areas with a low to moderate amount of targets. In most areas I prefer to pump the coil and set the GB manually.

Take attention that in Deus Fast the silencer is Very low ( - 1 ), and in GMpower the silencer is set as 2. It could help you to raise the silencer one or two step, at the deus fast program.
I wonder vry XP had found out that they two programs should have two so different silencer ! Andy properly got an explanation.
Ps. If you raise the audio respond, from 4 to 5... This mouse wispers will get louder,
Henrik

You had me going for a moment as this is what we think of in the UK, when talking about suspender Clips.

Sorry guys I could not resist temptation and I will now get my coat. :blush: Jerry.