Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Swapping coils?...

Would anyone be interested in swapping their 5X10 DD Garrett Infinium coil for my 10X14 DD coil...even swap? Let me know...the bigger coil is too heavy for me. Thanks.

Charles

Charles,
The 10X14 DD coil is just not a favorite with anyone. It comes stock and there are lots of them out there. The 10x14 MONO or the 8 inch MONO are much
preferred. The 8 inch MONO goes deeper than the 5X10 DD and is fully waterproof whereas the 5X10 DD is not waterproof to any real depth. Take a look
at the 8 inch MONO or even the 10X14 MONO which is lighter than the 10X14 DD.
Rich

I really appreciate the reply Rich. I didn't realize that the 10X14 DD wasn't as favored. It was just too heavy for me...hence the sought after 5X10 DD. I already have the 8" mono and it is my preferred coil to use...as the stock coil just lays around most of the time. I thought I'd try for the 5X10 and at least give it some use...if for no other reason than it being lighter in weight. Thanks again for the info.

Charles

Charles,
I am using the 10x14 Mono exclusively as I mostly beach hunt (Pacific Ocean) and don't see the need for a DD coil. Actually I haven't found any other
place that I would need a DD coil for ground balance issues.
Use that 8 inch, I think it is more sensitive than the 5x10.
Good luck.
Rich

The 8inch Mono is the one i use most of the time,but i also use the 14x10 Mono when looking for deeper hoard targets over here in the UK,the larger coil was mainly bought for a potential Celtic gold hoard site as we have found a fair amount within the top 8inches of soil but we think a containers is deeper but the farmer wont allow us on at the moment as Crops are in his field at the moment.

But the 8inch coil ticks all my current boxes as i find it is deep for its size and great for pinpointing.