Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweating for Silver

1hotwire

92° and humid, what possesses us ? Well, today for me I hit a new spot ( old vacant city property) and within 20 minutes I found a merc and a bit later a rosie and I was pulling wheaties as well and the sweat was pouring but I couldn't stop. Then came another merc and a foot away was the war nickel and I kept at it hoping for another one and I found another rosie.
I quit after that in search of water .
Anyway, it's been 4 years since I have had a 5 silver day .
Stay cool, HH
Roy
20210630_150516.jpg

Congrats! I've pulled 5 silvers in one hunt...but it was 8 yrs ago and it included one war nickel. Way to go. HH

Thanks for looking!
There's silver still out there but finding good spots are harder than finding the silver. Funny thing though the rosie's sounded better with better silver numbers than the merc's , must be the age and wear of the coins I guess .

Back in the 70's and 80's there were lots of 5 or more silver days or nights, yes we were hunting nights. No more night hunts just not safe. Now days or nights if I go out I am packing. Now 4 or 5 silvers a year is good year for me.
Congrats on a 5 silver day.
Ron in WV

Multiple silver hits is my notice to go lottery tickets!!!!! Ya just get all giddy dont ya!!!!

Big congrats on the silver coins Roy. Nice Pic also.
I ask myself the same question many times. My older brother me asked me if I was part of the Lewis and Clark expedition in a former life.
Dave

92° and humid, what possesses us ? Well, today for me I hit a new spot ( old vacant city property) and within 20 minutes I found a merc and a bit later a rosie and I was pulling wheaties as well and the sweat was pouring but I couldn't stop. Then came another merc and a foot away was the war nickel and I kept at it hoping for another one and I found another rosie.
I quit after that in search of water .
Anyway, it's been 4 years since I have had a 5 silver day .
Stay cool, HH
Roy
View attachment 16989

Back in the 70's and 80's there were lots of 5 or more silver days or nights, yes we were hunting nights. No more night hunts just not safe. Now days or nights if I go out I am packing. Now 4 or 5 silvers a year is good year for me.
Congrats on a 5 silver day.
Ron in WV
Back in the 70's and 80's would have been a great time to hunt even with the older detectors since the ground was littered with silver I would imagine. I was in my early twenties and mding wasn't on my mind then but my priorities have certainly changed now .
Thanks Ron , I hope there is more silver in your future!
Roy

Multiple silver hits is my notice to go lottery tickets!!!!! Ya just get all giddy dont ya!!!!
Kinda giddy is right! I quit buying lottery tickets several years ago since I never did win anything and here's a big THANK YOU for replanting that seed . Lol
Next 5 silver day I have I will definitely get a pocket full scratch offs .
Thanks

Big congrats on the silver coins Roy. Nice Pic also.
I ask myself the same question many times. My older brother me asked me if I was part of the Lewis and Clark expedition in a former life.
Dave
Yeah , I had a good time and the silver kept me motivated regardless of the sweat.
Thanks

It amazing how finding a silver coin can make all the difference in a hunt.
You can be dang near wore out and ready to quit, then you hit silver and you are good for another hour or two!!
BTW…. You had a very good day and brought home some goodies!!:clapping::clapping:

It amazing how finding a silver coin can make all the difference in a hunt.
You can be dang near wore out and ready to quit, then you hit silver and you are good for another hour or two!!
BTW…. You had a very good day and brought home some goodies!!:clapping::clapping:
Yes , that is so true ! I went back a few days later and found 2 more .
Thanks for looking
20210718_145827.jpg