Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweep speed and sizing feature?

Hank68

I have noticed that the sizing has a wider gap than swinging fast, so what is the correct way to use sizing ? Thanks

I was told to put the coil on the ground, place a coin on each side of it then sweep over them at your normal rate. You should hear 2 distinct hits. If not, adjust the speed of your sweep or the detector.

Ok thanks I'll try it out , HHHank

JC99328 said:
I was told to put the coil on the ground, place a coin on each side of it then sweep over them at your normal rate. You should hear 2 distinct hits. If not, adjust the speed of your sweep or the detector.

Hank, this would be how you adjust the Recover Delay for hunting and has little to do with the Sizing Analysis feature. As far as the Sizing Analysis, sweeping faster can make an object such as a coin appear smaller. Sweeping slower can make it appear larger. A little practice sweeping over some coins in Sizing Analysis mode will give you an idea of how fast you need to swing when using the Sizing Analysis for more accurate results.

Hope this helps.

Thanks wasp for the useful info, I have already reset the detector 3 times I was all over the place on the settings but I'm learning it , slowly lol but over all I really like it a lot , its a nickel finder I have to say I've found more nickels in a short perod of time vs the same with other machines, thanks a lot , HHHank

Hank, one thing to remember......all of these "bells & whistle" features are fun to use as well as very usefull when searching for specific items such as rings, etc. But, over-analysis can cause one to bypass potentially very good targets.

A good example when using Sizing Alalysis would be thinking that a large high conducter target is a can lid or smashed can, when it could be a Silver Eagle, silver dollar or a large jewelry item. And, sometimes those "tab" signals turn out to be gold rings.

Just a little "food for thought".

Your absolutely right wasp this is my first high tech machine no doubt,sometimes I do that very thing lol bit I can't digg'em all like I use to but I am having s blast with the v3i , thanks HHHank