Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweep Speed

StephenA

How fast can you sweep with the Xterra 50 and still get maximum depth and accuracy? Is it faster then the EX II?
Thanks guys..

You can do a fairly moderate sweep speed of say ... 2 seconds per sweep and it will still hit targets and ID correctly for the most part. Allot is going to depend on the site and your hunting habits. I'm so used to scrubbing the coil on the ground with the Explorer that at first I had to MAKE myself hold the coil above the ground and not go so slow because the X-Terra has almost zero recovery lag time. In other words, you don't have to wait on a threshold to come back and hit the iffy or close together targets at so many angles to determine whether or not to dig.
This is a much easier detector to learn and use than an Explorer by a long shot. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone starting out. Chances are good that they will acually learn how to use it and find some goodies.
H.H.
Mike