Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweet CZ-5 just arrived!

pasttom

Well now I have a new MD to learn. I am looking forward to getting down and dirty with top notch stick. I am impressed with the build quality and it is a tiny bit heavier, but I will give belt mount a try Monday for grins! I'll post how things go with the new project.
Tom

You will love the CZ-5. I had one years ago and just got another one yesterday. I found a .925 silver ring with it first time out. They are great machines. I love the analog meter and they go really deep.

Well, I got a short hunt in before church. I didn't get much but a few pennies, a quarter and really pretzel-ed token. I have hunted this field several times before and there is still a lot there. I can tell that I am hitting deeper and that is a comfort. It also seems to fit the reputation for ease of use. I can see that the tones carry info that will help id targets. Good times ahead!
Tom

pasttom, Run your cz5 in zero disc for the best operation. With iron left in you won't be fooled by deep square nails and iron nearly as much as if you had iron discriminated out. Check you targets at 90 degrees to original hit and if it still reads good you have a target worth digging.
If it doesn't hit good at 90 degrees you can be pretty confident it was a trash target. Sweep the coil slow and overlap by at least 50 % and you will be digging those deep old silver dimes on edge the other guys missed. HH.........

Roger

Oh by the way, my 'new' CZ-5 is one of the last produced and looks like new. The coil and cover are flawless! It was only about $500 less than a new CZ-3D. It feels real good hunting. I belt mounted for this hunt and it felt very comfortable.
Tom

I give thanks to God every day I get up and am able to spend time metal detecting with my family! The CZ-5 is the only detector I use now! I have tried others and they just weren't getting it done for me. My wife uses a Garrett AT Pro, my son uses a Whites Coinmaster, my daughter uses a Tesoro Compadre but it seems like I always find more jewelry than them. I hunt in the foil setting on discrimination even in junky areas if it pin-points small dig-it if it seems wide pass it up!

PTL Junior! So far only my dog goes with me. My grandson found it too slow and not up to video game standards, lol! Yesterday I got in about an hour and a half on ground I'd covered at least 3 times before. I found a few 70s/80s pennies and a 81 quarter as well as a totally pretzel-ed token I hope to get in many more hours this week. We have a club hunt Saturday and I will think about using the CZ or not. Last time I used the Omega because it can shift frequency in case there is jamming from the other machines so close.

Roger- I have been using 0 disc. I GB to about 5.5 and set sens to 5 though I didn't hear falsing at 10! I was not far from big overhead power lines so I expected EMI issues. I may start considering which MDs to trde off for CZ coils soon!

HH, guys!
Tom

I have sold my other detectors all except my Tejon which I relic hunt with. I am about tempted to try my CZ for them to see how well it does! But for now I have officially found my go to coin and jewelry detector! And in order to get to where I am which is tickled pink I have tried a ton of detectors with all the bells and whistles and weren't cheap by any means. But their performance lacked or they just plain didn't like my highly mineralized soil but with the CZ I can run up the sensitivity to almost max without chatter! Since early spring I started buying and trading detectors till I found my CZ and used all of the major name brands. It was fun learning these detectors,some of them simple, and some of them just was a nightmare. What I like about the CZ is its simple but very powerful,goes deep, ids dead on, multi tone along with bell tone, not to heavy, and it's the only detector I found jewelry with and trust me I have been hunting a ton this year. I will work on getting the xtra coils for it but I really like the stock 8" coil it seems to get the job done! If I start using the cz for relics I will probably use the 10 1/2" coil to cover more ground and it may get a little more depth, as far as the 5" coil I don't hunt many areas where I see it being feasible to have but I will get it just to complete the whole package and I guess if I decide to hunt my local landfill I will strap it on. LOL

I got in a couple hours in a park 15 minutes away that I hunted a couple times last week. Going over the same ground, I pulled 7 clad dimes, 4 nickles and a dozen pennies. I also hit a bullet and a casing (not related). But the big thing is I got my first significant 925 jewelry- a mower hit ring- 4.2g.
Smiling Tom
:thumbup: