Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweet little surprise

1hotwire

Just another example as why we should always dig memorial pennies ( but I don't) unless like today I was hunting a historic district in a local town and this barber sounded just like and rang up 12-43 12-41 and I was expecting a memorial penny or maybe a wheat but not a silver so I guess the reason is because it is kinda slick and thin .
You just never know for sure unless you dig !
Roy
20201105_123908.jpg

Yep! Yesterday I dug a '42 Merc-- on my ctx it gave me an 11 34. After digging 11 memorials and 1 wheat from a sidewalk strip-- I thought about passing it by. As I mentioned in a different post, I rarely ever get a 12 45 unless it's clad.

The only exception are silver rings-- those always give me a 47/48.

So if I 'cherry picked', I would rarely ever find silver dimes.

Yep! Yesterday I dug a '42 Merc-- on my ctx it gave me an 11 34. After digging 11 memorials and 1 wheat from a sidewalk strip-- I thought about passing it by. As I mentioned in a different post, I rarely ever get a 12 45 unless it's clad.

The only exception are silver rings-- those always give me a 47/48.

So if I 'cherry picked', I would rarely ever find silver dimes.
yes ...you are right....but if I hit it at 34 I would have called it an ih and would have dug it also. You are doing right with the pattern you are using and doing very well with it....congrats !!!

Just another example as why we should always dig memorial pennies ( but I don't) unless like today I was hunting a historic district in a local town and this barber sounded just like and rang up 12-43 12-41 and I was expecting a memorial penny or maybe a wheat but not a silver so I guess the reason is because it is kinda slick and thin .
You just never know for sure unless you dig !
Roy
View attachment 8752
also numbers for worn seated dimes....yep...dig those wheat signals....every one !

True Elmy. The only seated dime I've ever found, was a 12 40/41.
They can come in at 46-47 ....If they are in good shape...I have dug many seated dimes in that range also....those signals , with that high coin id, are the ones you try not to scratch !!!!
A 40- 42 id , you don't seem to be so careful when digging.

Yeah I have found several silver dimes with lower id numbers but most still had the higher pitch sound which turns my head . The surprise comes when it sounds like a penny and turns out to be silver and for me that don't happen that often.
I'm still searching for a seated anything. Maybe one day it will happen!

Yeah I have found several silver dimes with lower id numbers but most still had the higher pitch sound which turns my head . The surprise comes when it sounds like a penny and turns out to be silver and for me that don't happen that often.
I'm still searching for a seated anything. Maybe one day it will happen!
co 34 to 43 is your best shot for a seated in the oldest area you can think of to hunt....set fe at 24 for a deep coin and listen for the high soft whistle...headphones would help. you would also get ih's ,2 centers...ect....
since dimes are found 2 to 3 times more than any other silver, target them.
See my post....https://www.findmall.com/threads/the-screaming-wheat-cent-signal.351728/

Last edited:
Very nice!!
Anything that rings up in that range gets dug up...NO exceptions for me