Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweet old class ring:detecting:

stubbs1

Went back to old school that is privately owned after it quit raining. Didn't hunt to long cause it turned off muggy. 1st signal was the indian 2nd was the wheat. Dug a bunch of pulltabs &can slaw.I was digging all low tones that were deep I got a nickel tone & it didn't vary hardly at all. I was sure it was a deep nickel. Dug a deep plug & flipped it over & the ring was looking right at me.. Looked at the date ,1959 & had a YHS on it so I knew it came from this school. Went to the property owner & asked where I could find a yearbook for that year. He said his wife graduated that year & called her . She came over & looked at the ring & told me the womans name. There were only 10 in the class, and she keeps in touch with this lady. She give me her number so I called her when I got home. She lives in Schofield Wis. now & was she ever surprised when I asked her if she ever lost anything on the ballfield. She said no but my boyfriend lost my class ring at a ballgamethere in 59.I told her I would send it to her this week She sounded thrilled. & so am I HH everyone

Congrats and way to go returning that class ring !!

WTG stubbs1.:clapping: Glad that you were able to find the owner of the ring and I bet she will be thrilled to have it back. It's always nice to return a ring like that and makes you feel good when you do. I have returned a class ring to a gal in the past as well as a Rose Bowl ring to a fellow and it was nice that some people take the time to try and get rings back to the rightful owner. Good story and HH.

Eddie

[size=large]if you know anything about the cub scouts bobcat pin then you know you can turn yours rightside up now. very nice deed has been done.

HH[/size]

Good going stubbs. Nice story.

Christian thing to do! i returned a 1931 ring in 2000, to an 86 yr old, only two left in her class of 13. tears. the irony? it turned out to be a cousin of hers that handed me a metal detector yrs earlier and said swing this, if it beeps, dig it. a radioshack lunch boxer. walked 3 steps, beep. a wedding band at the park. nothing beats the tears of joy on a return to someone like your ring lady and mine.

Thanks for all the nice comments I put the ring in the mail yesterday. Hope to hear back from her. I requested a picture of her & the ring. I'll post it if I get it. HH to all