Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Sweet spot" on the 10.5DD 7.5 coil

MXTerer

I noticed when in my test garden that the best and loudest signal came in about 1/3 back from the front edge of the coil. As I checked at the center of the coil the signal was weaker and 1/3 from the rear of the coil it was weaker yet. How does yours compare? Makes me wonder.

There is a little "Teat" mold spot right in the middle of the coil. That's where I pinpoint with and get the best signal.....MO

In general, the sweet- spot is just about in the center of the coil but my fail proof method to pinpoint is to get the strongest signal in pinpointing mode and slowly draw the coil back until the signal disappears......the target will be exactly at the tip of the coil.....guararanteed every time!

For me it's right under the label

When I had mine it was also under the label. Verified with pulling it back 'til the signal dropped off.

Under the label

I had a10x14 excellerator coil on my Ace 250 and I liked it alot the sweet spot was in the same place as others said here, it would pin point of the tip or the heel with excellent accuracy.
I just ordered the 10.5" 7.5 coil for my 705 and should recieve it Monday or Tuesday can't wait till it's here.