Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sweet warble today - - -

cometguy

I have been trying to make myself use the Deus and let the other detectors set since about last October. I am primarily a field hunter and a lot of my fields have been pounded. I couldn't quite decide what I thought about the Deus. I have dug an amazing pile of iron and junk while learning this machine. I have had some success stories but when coins are few and far between you kinda lose the experience between hunts. Today I heard the high warble on a not so shallow or round Large Cent. Woo Hoo! I still love digging these things even when they are banged up like this 1851. It is a match for my very first LC that took almost thirty years to dig. Luckily I have moved from yards to fields and the LCs are popping up a lot more often since I found my first one. I will share what I tell the guys in the club about the Deus . I am pretty convinced that if you put it over even a marginally good target it will let you know. I am sure it will snag me my first three cent silver one of these days. It loves small, deep, good targets even in the fields.

Don
HH

Nice find Don! :thumbup:

Cometguy,
I agree completely. If you take the time to learn the sounds of the mixed targets, the Deus will sing to you when you are over a good one. The deeper the target the harder it is to recognize the good tones and the VDI numbers are not reliable. I stopped looking at the VDI numbers and going by the sound and depth meter. Found my first Buffalo Head at 6-7 inches and recently got a WW1 Cuff button at 6 inches.

Best,
Mike
HH