Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Swing time with the 6" Excellerator

EZrider

I was able to buy a 6" Excellerator from a fourm member on here. Not so much for the trash but for working in the woods were its hard to swing a bigger coil. I only had and hour so i went the the local park by my house to try the small coil out. I picked out a large older tree too work around. I was only expecting clad as this area is newer and still used today. Second swing i hit a rosie right next to the tree! Cool, The small coil really works well. I dug alo of iffy targets only because im still getting used to the machine and what its telling me. One thing that i found that has helped me setup the machine the way i want is to locate and mark a deep coin "in this case it was a dime at 8 in". One i did this i started to adjust the settings and getting a better understanding of what they do. This is something that Air or a Fresh burryed target can't do.

CIMG0725.jpg

CIMG0722.jpg

CIMG0727.jpg

n/t

Nice finds EZRider, I have the 5" and have not used it yet on the E-Trac. Think I will give it a try.

The shot 9mm bullet was a neat find. Welcome to da Bronx huh?

Nice finds !!I know exactly where you were swinging and right around that tree is extremely trashy,but there is silver to be had there.

Tom, i ran into Ricardo. Us three should get together for a hunt.

Is the bottom right brass piece a Civil War era tent rope adjuster? If it is, I am going to go find a tree to beat my head against. I will find Civil War relics before Christmas, even if I lose my job...LOL.

BTW, Nice diggin!

Digger, i have no idea. The park is very old, it is brass

Check out this link, toward the bottom of the page. Park may have served as a muster site??? If so there might be some buttons hiding in there. Is the park pre-CW period?

http://www.hdwt.net/civil-war-bullets-for-sale.html

Jarrett

Jarrett

CIMG0729.jpg

CIMG0730.jpg

Yes thats what it is! :cheers: It was found in one of the oldest parts of the park. It dates all the way back to when the dutch were here. Thats awsome and thank you for the link!

Nice.

I know where you'll be heading back to... before those boys marched off to war they gathered and trained... and they needed to sleep some where. Keep us posted.

Going to beat my head on that tree now...

Jarrett