Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Swinging is believing!! THE "PROCESS"

Flattop67

Preface by giving credit to (woodchiphustler). His "Process" should be on page 2 of the T2 SE manual and no other pages needed.

I just got a T2 SE Tuesday and went today for the first dig. I have been relic hunting off and on since 1984. White R&C II, DMC, DMC II-B have all be swung over the years.

I grew up within sight of the Richmond, VA skyline and rode my bicycle on earthworks near our home. I mainly hunted old home sites and occasionally hit known battle/camp areas.

I mention this to let you know I have, like many of you here, earned the lead I have pulled over the years.

I proudly swung my II-b and turned my nose up at the NEW technology that "couldn't out dig my machine!"

Well, all "HOPE and CHANGE" is not bad and the T2 SE is pretty darn good.

I went to a place I have beat to death the last 2 years today in hopes of reassuring myself the $ 900.00 was not in vain.

As the first time out, I wanted productive swing time, and not a lot of TESTING, so, I employed the PROCESS (Sensitivity 60, Discriminate 39, and Tones BP= The PROCESS)

With this setup, it is a DIG / NO-DIG. It's that simple. If it beeps on the swing and return swing, and the tone is mid to high pitch, DIG IT! If it only sounds off oneway, leave it for the next hunter to dig.

I hunted for 3 1/2 hours and my right arm didn't even know I was relic hunting. I would highly recommend the weather covers as I did not get them, but today after the rain last night, I realized I should have.

It would be nice if you could believe the depth meter, but the pinpoint worked great for me as I only had 1 bullet in the sidewall after plugs were pulled.

I felt I dug some targets today in areas i know I went over with the II-b, but did not get a signal then. Go slow and dig the faint chirps, the button back was barely heard, but came out at 9-10 inches (the length of my ProPointer).

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Nice hunt neighbor.

Cleaned up two more pieces, an Eagle button (very rough shape) and shell fragment (spent some time in the electro tank and pic converted to B&W for effect).

It is hard not to dig iron on this site as many shells were fired by both sides.

Have a great day I am waiting on the snow here.

If you want to dig larger iron with the process dig one way signals with meter id in the 70's.

Thanks George,

It is really hard to just swing and not here the info I am used to with the II-b.

I did notice, that when the ID showed FOIL, I was almost always finding foil on the surface or in plugs when I just had to convince myself the machine could be trusted.

I ran without headphones, but will not do that again, since some of the really faint sounds were hard to hear with the wind blowing.

Thanks again.