Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Swinging The Old Fisher 1220X

Bill in Texas

:detecting: Here awhile back I picked up an old Fisher 1220X with a horseshoe handle. I was curious to see if a person on a very limited budget could compete with some of the newer machines. The first thing that I noticed was that the handle was a little off center to the housing and the coil. At first, I thought that the handle was bent; however, I finely decided that it was designed for a right-hander, swinging from that side. It took me a few days to learn its language. After I did, I was pleasantly surprised at how well that it hunted. Now I have a Tesoro V, and the 1220X does not compare to it, but it does not cost very much used. Now my conclusion is the 1220X (considering how cheap a person can buy a used one for) is a great detector for some one on a budget. Even being a Tesoro man, I do like the older Fishers like the 1210, 1220, 1235, 1265, 1266 etc. also. Bill in Texas :tesoro:

I just picked up a cobbled 1220 off the Bay..Missing a few things..Got rid of the standard coil, put a hockey puck sized one on, and since it has about a seven foot cable, a very long pole to get the box up to head level. I have four, swimming holes that have rings on the floor..Before cold weather arrives, I want to clean them out a bit.Any suggestions for a scoop that will be used in four to five feet of water or better?, My last wet suit jacket fell apart 30 years ago.Would be too small anyhow..At 70. you can get chilled easily.Has anyone used a woolen sweater to help maintain heat? thank you , cordially NAD

I have one of these that has been well taken care of...Works 100%...Stock coil on shaft. Box has a shoulder strap...Not attached to shaft.
If anyone is interested, Shoot me a PM...I can send pics.

HH,

Bill,

Way to go!

The Fisher 1220-X and 1260-X 're-invented' detecting for me way back in the day!
A site literally came alive with them...in fact, I recount fond memories of the 1260-X in my recent Field Test of the New and current F19 model in the December copy of "Treasure Hunting" the UK best-selling hobby magazine!

Good Hunting

Des D

...did I menton that I still have a large coil given me by Mr, Lewellen the Fisher MD back in the '80's
Still have the small 'sniper' coil for it as well.
Both For Sale if anyone wants then! Totally unused.

I used that on the beach many decades ago. A "sweetheart" of a detector.

Des, do you have a price for both coils ? I just picked up a new in box 1220x and would like to have the small coil and large coil for it.....Thanks,

Roger