Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Switching Back To The X-70:minelab:

morelic55

I've had both the X-70 & the 705's, for some reason, I just like the 70 better. To me, the 70 has the same performance as the 705. I really have 2 of them headed my way, a mint SN 00349 and a later SN 05866. Both will get the straight rod set up and one will always have the 10.5DD coil on it. I just picked up the Coiltek Digger and a 15" MF coil. So, now I'm set for Relic season to begin in the fall. I sold the 705 and now I only have the X-70 for my top detectors. I'll say it again, I've had just about ALL of the top VLF machines out there, except the 3030 and I still have more confidence and faith in the Xterra series machines, have used them since 2005, in fact, I found my 1st silver dollar with the X-50 with the stock MF coil and 85% of the relics in my collection were found with the 70/705's. You just can't beat the smooth operation and depth & separation of the Xterra's!!!!!!:thumbup:

My Review from another site.....

Xterra 70/705

May 22, 2010
First off, let me say that I have tried about every high end TID machine out there in the last 2 years.
Now, let me give my honest review of the Xterra 70/705. 1st off for relic hunting, make sure that you get the 10.5 7.5kHz coil for open field hunting, the stock 9" concentric coil just does not cut it.
The next choice would be the 6"dd 18.75 coil for the real trashy spots around homesteads and in yards.

The Xterra is a really simple platform to set up and use. Just noise cancel when ever you get to a new site. I always use all metal, 2 tones, sens as high as you can and auto tracking. The new 705 has a auto track offset that lets you set the GB either + or- but I have rarely used this feature.

Balance and weight with the 10.5 coil can be bothersome to some, but can be fixed with a $20 Whites straight rod part instead of the "S" middle rod. The straight rod completely changes the balance to make the 10.5 coil lighter.

I have had 4, yes 4 Xterra 70's. I traded them off for other machines that I thought might beat the performance of the Xterra. I returned to the Xterra 705 and decided that for the price and performance, it just cant be beat. I have no problem digging targets at 12" with the Xterra and the 10.5 coil combo.
It is such smoother running machine at high gain than any other that I've tried.

Overall Rating 5 stars!
Morelic55 from Nixa,MO USA

You know what works for you.
Here in the uk iv'e had hundreds of tiny coins,and even more Roman coins with my 705,
good luck with the x terra 70,
the best thing it has going for it is it's a Minelab. :twodetecting:

Thanks, I would love to take a trip to the UK to hunt sometime!!! And yes, Minelab makes it better!!!

Thanks, Mark

Yep, I've had my X-70 since 2007 and I've found a fair bit with it. I briefly had a 705, but went back to using my 70 as it seems to be a little hotter in bad ground. Like you, I've had a bunch of "high-end" machines and I've always come back to using my X-terra 70.

:thumbup:

Canewrap said:
Yep, I've had my X-70 since 2007 and I've found a fair bit with it. I briefly had a 705, but went back to using my 70 as it seems to be a little hotter in bad ground. Like you, I've had a bunch of "high-end" machines and I've always come back to using my X-terra 70.

Great review Mark, you would of sold me!!:clapping:
Yep, the old X models are great machines.:thumbup: I started out with a X30 8 years ago and totaled killed with it for 5 years till I got the 705....one detector, one coil for 5 years and loved it. Still works great too!

Iv'e had the 30,305 and this one the 705,
I like the machine a lot,iv'e nailed over 200 Roman coins since about february.
And more artefacts then i could guess at.